PDA

View Full Version : asus motherboard soundcard

leprosy
06-11-2006, 01:18 PM
if anybody has the asus an8 sli premium motherboard or anything like it , you will know it has its own sound card. i have everything up and running but when i use my mic it loops thru and i can hear myself, or i cant hear anything at all , its getting on my nerves i need help.

bartvandenberg
06-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Just so you know, ive had the same problem. this post wont help you at all ,but.. it lets you know that it isnt only your specific setup.

nil8
06-11-2006, 03:34 PM
Asus is pretty good about firmware patches if they get enough complaints. Go to their support department and see if you can talk to their helpdesk.

AKA_RA
06-11-2006, 04:44 PM
i think it might just be a setting option. but i dont have much experiance with this sort of thing. i think you should be able to adjust the setting so you still get mic input, yet it doesnt go to your speakers. you should just mess with the setting a bunch and if you cant get it working, complain to asus. or, if your desperate, and i shudder at the thought of having to do this, call tech support. (i feel so ashamed)

crenn
06-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Do you mean when you speak, you hear yourself from the speakers? If so, this is a setting in the volume control. Mute "Microphone" and it will solve this problem. Don't worry, the mic will still work for recording purposes so long as it's selected for Recording Control (The other part of Volume control).

leprosy
06-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Do you mean when you speak, you hear yourself from the speakers? If so, this is a setting in the volume control. Mute "Microphone" and it will solve this problem. Don't worry, the mic will still work for recording purposes so long as it's selected for Recording Control (The other part of Volume control).

i tryed muting the mic from the volume options , then nobody can hear me, are you saying i should have "recording"selected in the properties

crenn
06-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Yes, and then select the Microphone input.

AKA_RA
06-11-2006, 10:42 PM
just experiment with the settings, im sure youll find somehtin thatll work