PDA

View Full Version : New to the Community

Cool1Net6
06-15-2006, 05:43 AM
Greetings The Best Case Scinario!

I am Cool1Net6, or Cool for short, and after browsing aorund here for a couple of days I've decided to contribute to what looks to be a fantastic community. I am a full-time college student studying Computer Engineering, and of course I do have an affinity for computers, but I also enjoy motorsports, such as autocrossing and rally racing.

I've always wanted to do a case mod but never had the expertise or confidence to do so. After fixing my computer after a year of downtime, I've exhausted most of the capabilities of my current beige box, so I've decided to take the plunge and get into the world of case modding. I dont plan to do anything insane, just to develop a well-thought-out and clean system.

I am not new to computers, but I am new to case modding, so I will be on here alot asking questions and searching for answers for my project. I still dont know where to get all of the parts I need, and I am on a limited budget (classic college student) so the cheaper something is the better.

Thank you for reading this. And BTW: Defyant's most recent HP mod is one of the most amazing things I have seen (and the reason I decided to sign up tonight).

-Cool- 8)

Drew
06-15-2006, 08:27 AM
Hiya Cool, and welcome to the forums.

I'm new here too, but the fellas seem friendly enough..

And new to modding? My motto: Don't worry about it, dremel it!

Drew

:edit: Thats cool, I'm 'adonized'.

Didn't feel a thing.

silverdemon
06-15-2006, 08:42 AM
Welcome to the club...
I had the same thing, always wanted to mod something but had no time or money to do so.
I can tell you this, modding doesn't need to be very expensive, I modded my old ugly beige case for about 50 euro's (about 70 US dollars I think). Most of it was spend on the paint (I used 3 cans due to some errors) and the lighting.
you can find my mod here (http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2993)

have fun on this forum

[edit]: damn, still fresh paint :(

CanaBalistic
06-15-2006, 08:57 PM
Welcome to the gang cool. Just look around and you'll find everything you need to start modding. Unusual or tricky stuff is available here aswell. If you cant find what your looking for, just post and the comunity will come to your aid.

Enjoi your stay, and your computer.