PDA

View Full Version : Power Switch/Reset/Activity and power LED.

zitwep10
06-16-2006, 01:33 PM
I managed to salvage that from an old case. And for a project I need to build this, I am thinking of having a piece of plexi to mount all of this, and for a on/off and reset button I am thinking of using little pieces of round plexi. What I wondering is if someone has done this before and if they could spare me some help and also if there is some kind of guide out there, I couldn't find one.

Thanks in advance.

XcOM
06-16-2006, 02:35 PM
find the leads running from the LED's and switches, each should have two wires, + and -

Label them, its very simple to plug them into your new mobo

zitwep10
06-16-2006, 03:22 PM
No no, I know how to do that. I meant a panel with the reset switch, on/off switch and the various LEDs for the front of the case so I can turn my pc on!! lol.

Cool1Net6
06-16-2006, 11:34 PM
From what I see that doesnt look to hard. You have 8 wires, 2 switches, and 2 LED's. For the power and reset switches, you will need some sort of a momentary switch. You can probably make those small round pieces of plexi and glue them to another piece of plexi pipe, then attach that to the switch, behind the larger plexi everything is mounted to. This sounds complicated, so I drew this in paint:

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/4061/switch4yv.png

That blue piece in the middle is another round piece of plexi that connect the switch to the small round button. (MS = Momentary Switch)

I hope someone more experience confirms or corrects my info; I'm new.

-Cool-