PDA

View Full Version : Temp Sensors to LCD Screen

xi0n
04-14-2005, 04:53 AM
I have 5 or so temp sensors that are connected to diffrent components in my computer. They were intended to pug into a fan controller i have, but i removed it as i needed to use the drive bay. What i want to do, if possible, is i got a good USB CrystalFontz LCD Screen thats sitting in my case. What i wondering is how would i plug the sensors into my computer (like is there some little box or somethin that you just plug em into then the box just has a usb plug) and then get the computer to display the temps on the LCD screen, the software is real good, so that shouldnt be a problem, but its getting the computer to read the temps.. i got no idea were to start, so i thought here would be a good idea :).

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Mitch

Frakk
04-14-2005, 07:50 AM
if the sensors are for the fan controller, ure best bet is to use them with it. i dont know if the lcd supports temp monitoring, if does, it probably uses different sensors. there are no sensor plugs on the mobo either since it has its own sensors built in. id say if there are no plugs on the lcd screen for sensors, you can only use it with the fan controller.

Guttenaffe
04-14-2005, 05:17 PM
If you write a program for the LCD to read the voltage output of thermalcoupp sensors then I'd say it would work.

Or if your LCD only has digial inputs you can make some ADC unit todo something that the LCD can read. I don't know anthing more about your LCD or the type of "sensors" you are useing. If you can get me some more info I might beable to help you out some more.

Frakk
04-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Guttenaffe you are complicating it :)

Guttenaffe
04-14-2005, 11:18 PM
It is easier to just go out and buy a "Young Year Model: ZS01" I've used quite a few of these. Work well with 3 temp probes and backlight yellowish green, and if you know what your doing you can change that to what ever color.

Young Year URL: http://www.youngyear.com/english