PDA

View Full Version : files,

leprosy
06-19-2006, 10:14 PM
this probably doesnt have to do anything with my motherboard but oh well lol, EVERYTHING ive downlaoded lately has been corrupted, i have the latest version of win rar and i tried extracting things with extraction wizard to , its still corrupted, i dont know what to do but its agravating me :mad:

AKA_RA
06-19-2006, 11:07 PM
where have you been downloading from? any one place specifically, or everywhere. are you using a download manager? i believe theres a program out there that can scan your HDD for errors and help correct them, or at least make it so it doesnt use the corrupted area, but i have no idea what the program is, since i havent had to use it in forever. anyways, im sure others have an idea of what im talking about.

monoflap
06-20-2006, 01:24 PM
If you could give us more of a background of your comp that would help.

leprosy
06-20-2006, 08:15 PM
asus an8 sli premium , seagate baracuda hdd, my freind has prety much the same setup , and his does the same damn thing and he cant get it fixed, its only when i extract the files they show up corrupt, i use win rar now and the downlaod manager from fileplanet.

CanaBalistic
06-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Man i wish i had of kept a link to this damn thing i thought i'd never have any use for. I found a program to repair corrupted archives. It pretty much just writes whatever is in the file (including errors if any) to a folder so you can save whatever information is salvagable.

Ill look for it again and post if i find it.

Oh hey, look what i found! (its not the one i seen but it should do the job)
http://www.soft3k.com/Advanced-Archive-Repair-p12929.htm

leprosy
06-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Man i wish i had of kept a link to this damn thing i thought i'd never have any use for. I found a program to repair corrupted archives. It pretty much just writes whatever is in the file (including errors if any) to a folder so you can save whatever information is salvagable.

thanks man

leprosy
06-20-2006, 10:30 PM
one of my freinds mentioned that the reason my files are corrupted is it could be my ram, let me know what you think

leprosy
06-30-2006, 11:28 PM

ok well i tried that download you gave me and while i was installing it i got an error , the error read: an I/O error occurred while installing a file. this is normally cuased by bad installation media or a corrupt installation file.

so maybe its my hardware? i have know idea , tell me what you think be cuase i need to downlaod games , i miss lineage2 :( lol

.jrauck
07-01-2006, 04:02 AM
Read everything before doing anything.

Ok im pretty good about fixing things like this. Sometimes you just have to be patient un-like my mom that starts clicking away making everything worse : /

First do me a favore before reading any of this... Open up ur virus scan, adware remover, and spyware remover programs and give everything a scan starting first with ur adware program(if you have one) then to your spyware remover, then to ur virus scan.

Is there anything that you downloaded before this started happening? If so then delete everything that you downloaded after that and delete the program that you downloaded. If not then try deleting win rar and extraction wizzard. TRY THIS (http://www.download.com/PowerArchiver-2006/3000-2250_4-10532350.html?tag=lst-0-1) program instead of those 2. If this program can.t download then pretty much scrap ur hardware and uninstall almost all of your hardware(after every program try installing the PowerArchiver again)IF YOU DO THIS MAKE SURE YOU SAVE UR IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS BEFORE UNINSTALLIN ALL OF UR PROGRAMS!!!

I almost guarntee you %99 that it does not have to with your motherboard, ram, etc... I think it mainly has to do with some hardware(or viruses you may have).If you have done all of this then try reformmating windows I mean you might as well. IF YOU DO THIS MAKE SURE YOU SAVE UR IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS BEFORE REFORMATTING!!!

Anything shouldn't go wrong unless you did a step wrong. Dont delete any of the programs that came with your Video Card, Motherboard,Ram,CPU,etc...

leprosy
07-01-2006, 12:47 PM
well heres the thing, i do NOT have any virus protection , the only thing that i have is a firewall as of right now . im prety positive that i dont have a virus becuase nothing is acting slow or weird . now my freind who had built a pc has the same setup i do except he has a dual core processor, more ram , and its the same kind of ram as mine now he has the same problem i have with my computer so thats why i have a feeling that it could be my hardware. on of my buddies online suggested that it could be my ram, a bad stick or somthing.

DaveW
07-01-2006, 08:29 PM
You need AVG Free (http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1) my friend. `00% success rate. Great software that has never failed me, even during Blaster and Sasser worms.

-Dave

leprosy
07-01-2006, 11:00 PM
awsome thanks :)

i just hope its not corrupt... lol

simon275
07-02-2006, 07:08 AM
hmm smells like a virus to me. I don't know what else could corrupt those files. If you are running windows who knows. Maybe winrar is buggered on your comp. I dont see how ram could affect the files well maybe but if the ram is falulty you would be having more problems than just cruopt filies. If ram is faulty then you usaly end up with a bsod. (Blue screen off death).

leprosy
07-02-2006, 01:10 PM
well i have had the blue screen of death a few times , and sometimes my games crash, my AIM closes constantly, somteimes my computer just....stops lol so maybe it could be my ram

blue73
07-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Get a mate to lend You there RAM, obviously it has to be the same type, and stick it in Your PC and see what happens. I guess if Your RAM is at fault you know strait away or Your MB is damaged and is seeing off Your memory I'm not too sure how You'd go about tellin the difference.

leprosy
07-02-2006, 02:06 PM
well my freind has the same mobo and everything and uses the same corsair ram and he has the same problem maybe corsair isnt the best for asus mobos or somthing i duno

leprosy
07-12-2006, 11:34 PM
well i did some research and it seems that everyone who has the same mobo i do , asus a8n ali - premium , has/had the same problem , all i had to do was reinstall ALL of my drivers and now everything is fine