PDA

View Full Version : FarCry 3 mod!!

maximan1
06-23-2006, 09:39 PM
I want to make a rig just for FarCry 3. It'll be overclocked and custom built case and all so I just need ideas for this mod, like, what is the main objective of FarCry 3? What would be cool to make for this case?
HELP!!!

AceX
06-23-2006, 10:02 PM
http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2250\

Thank you for playing.

josuave83
06-23-2006, 10:02 PM
you ever here of transparent aluminum....
try this out for a side window...
transparent aluminum (http://beverlytang.com/archives/materials/transparent_aluminum.html)

Slug Toy
06-24-2006, 01:05 AM
transparent aluminum

its sapphire. aluminum oxide (Al2O3) in a crystalline form is sapphire. its that translucent white because it must have a couple other things added to it. yes it is "stronger" than glass but only in a certain way. it is something like an 8 out of 10 on the hardness scale, but it is very brittle. this means it wont scratch as easy, but it will still shatter, unless they've put a ceramic in there too (some borate ceramics have good impact resistance).

i personally wouldnt go with "transparent aluminum" because it may be expensive, and it really wont be more than a nifty looking glass that wont scratch as easy.

now, as far as a mod goes... im thinking realistic jungle inside the case, a good air current blowing through to make the foliage rustle, maybe a cliff with lots of ferns on it, and how about a big north korean tank rolling through.

maximan1
06-25-2006, 01:26 PM
ESPENSIVE?!?!?! $10 per square inch!!!
HELL NO!!! Its so expensive its UNSPEAKABLE OF!!!

.Maleficus.
06-25-2006, 11:00 PM
When you say FarCry 3, do you mean Cyrsis? Or is there an actual FarCry 3? If so, when was FarCry 2? Anyways, back to the help. A jungle theme would be cool, and if it's possible a waterfall type thing would be cool. Like behind the motherboard tray, or one of glass water trickle things as a window would be cool too. And maybe like a crater type thing, so it looks like an explosion happened. If you do make it a jungle theme, I would paint the inside green before adding anything, to kinda blend in with the theme. And you could get some of that fake grass for easter baskets and put some of that in there too. And if you are good at programing things, you could try to make startup sounds for applications like jungle sounds, like a bird chirps when you start a game, and a panther or lion growls when you shut down, or something like that. That would be cool too. Idk, just some suggestions.

maximan1
07-03-2006, 02:52 PM
now, as far as a mod goes... im thinking realistic jungle inside the case, a good air current blowing through to make the foliage rustle, maybe a cliff with lots of ferns on it, and how about a big north korean tank rolling through.

YES!!! That is the COOLEST idea!!!
Does anyone know where to get green plexi?
I will start painting it green now (inside).

.Maleficus.
07-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Clear green? Or opaque green? What kind of green? Because depending on what you need, you may be able to paint it green yourself.