PDA

View Full Version : I need some help..

Pichardop
06-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Hey guys whats going on?

I mod game systems but know I wannt to try my computer I have a Dell Dimension 4100 and I dont know If I need an specific case or if I can just buy a case and start moding? Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Canadian Eh?
06-26-2006, 12:00 PM
depending on what kind of stuff you done to game systems, i'd stick to just adding a few lights, repainting and adding a window on the original case. I hope that helped;)

Canadian Eh?
06-26-2006, 12:04 PM
also you can use any case you want

.Maleficus.
06-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Yep, any case you can get your hands on will work. Some cases, like Lian-Li cases make good blank canvases, if you want to start from scratch. www.xoxide.com sells lots of premodded cases (already having windows, and lights and such) and thats good if you don't want to cut and paint the cases yourself (which isn't as fun). But yeah, any case can be modded.

Pichardop
06-27-2006, 02:23 AM
thank you very much guys for all the help guys If I can help with gaming cases ask and willanswer.See ya..

Canadian Eh?
06-27-2006, 07:19 AM
i agree with mal, Lian-Li's are awsome starter cases. also if you are not that into cutting a window yourself, you can buy pre-made window kits.

DaveW
06-27-2006, 07:56 AM
There's a market for 'blank canvas' cases. Someone should jump in there and make plain cases without finish so that guys like us have an easier life.

-Dave

silverdemon
06-27-2006, 08:15 AM
There's a market for 'blank canvas' cases. Someone should jump in there and make plain cases without finish so that guys like us have an easier life.

-Dave

yeah, that would be a good idea! I was looking for a nice case, but all the cases that are 'good' for what I have in mind are over 100 dollar and some even over 200 dollar... I think it's a bit expensive for something of which you only need half of...
Actually I was already thinking of building something from scratch...

DaveW
06-27-2006, 08:20 AM
Actually I was already thinking of building something from scratch...

It's a pain having to resort to that, eh?

-Dave

silverdemon
06-27-2006, 08:24 AM
yes it is, because it's difficult to make the panels of the case slide over each other as they do in most cases
so when your building from scratch you might not be able to change something when it's done...

Canadian Eh?
06-27-2006, 08:31 AM
Xoxide has a sale called Operation X where apparently you can get $100 cases for $30. check it out

silverdemon
06-27-2006, 08:41 AM
too bad the don't ship to europe... I knew there was a catch!!

so I'll probably have to build it myself :( :( :'(

nil8
06-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Find a machine shop. They can do your complex metal workings easily and quite cheaply for most computer cases. Once you have your frame, move on from there.

UK-Blade
06-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Just before you go out and buy a nice new case, you might wanna have a quick look at the hardware in the Dell.
Unfortuantely, dell still like to use a lot of custom hardware, especially mainboards. Check that you system has normal mounting posts, a lot don't!

Better safe than sorry ;)