PDA

View Full Version : question about 2nd monitor while playing games

notochord
06-30-2006, 05:19 PM
Hi,

I just hooked up my old 19 inch dell crt monitor to my new computer. and i have it attached to my 20 inch viewsonic lcd. well anyway i wanted to use it so while i play computer games i could keep i tunes, and trillian etc.... out on the other screen. but every time i open up counter strike the programs that are running on the crt just minimize and it just shows the background. is it possible to do what im trying to do???

noto

monoflap
06-30-2006, 07:16 PM
Yes it is possible to do this, it would help to know what kind of card you are running. I've never heard of this problem but it might just be the game, try it on some other games first.

Omega
07-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Run the game in wondowed mode.

For the short time I ran two moniters, I would have WoW windowed with iTunes/Thottbot on the other moniter. it was SCHWEET.

simon275
07-02-2006, 05:42 AM
Yeah I play wow stechted across to monitors. its teh sex

Yeah I have heard of this problem also.

My best recomendation if you have an nvidia card is to install the latest drivies

Then right click on your desktop go properties, settings, advanaved click on the tab with the nvidia logo and the name of your card and and click detect displays then follow the promots and you are done.

If you have an ati card or you are a clever person adn you have done this then I hope someone will be able to help you.

notochord
07-03-2006, 01:01 PM
i have the evga 7900 gtx i am pretty sure i have the latest drivers. i gotta check.

i tried runnning counter strike in a window but whenever i do that the window ends up being like 3 inchesx 3 inches and its not a lot of fun on a screen that size... it wouldnt let me make the window bigger so....

ill try what simon said.

thanks,
noto