PDA

View Full Version : compaq

rusty shackleford
07-02-2006, 08:13 AM
i can get into the system setup utility on bootup but not the bios i have a compaq 4410US with a 07a8h mobo and a 1.3ghz intel celeron processor with a 100mhz bus what are your suggestions for what i could overclock it to while keeping it stable? and how am i supposed to access the bios on bootup or can i just change the values for the processor in the hkeylocalmachine/description/system tab of the registry?

archmaille
07-02-2006, 10:00 AM
I'd just try to find some good overclocking utilities. Then once you get a good stable overclock run Prime95 (generally I run it for 24hours) to see if there are any errors. You don't have to run it for 24hours like I do but I'd at least run it for 5 or more hours, I know people who've had a "stable" system but after 16 hours of Prime95 ran into errors.

Your "system setup utility" is probably your BIOS. You just don't have any controls because companies like Compaq disable them so that people don't screw up the computer. a few programs that you might look up if you're going to try and overclock would be: ClockGen (http://www.cpuid.com/clockgen.php), (sorry I don't have time to find the link for the rest) SpeedFan, SoftFSB, and I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

rusty shackleford
07-17-2006, 01:34 PM
any other ideas?