PDA

View Full Version : The Quake Case

butcher
07-02-2006, 06:46 PM
:) Finally I am going to start on this case today and hopefully can have some pics of the initial work up tonight. I am starting from scratch working from the ground up. When the case is finished it will resemble the Starting entrance area of the Quake game (the three portals) Hopefully it will look like your staring right down on the map.... I am going for a retro look, Quake was a simple low polygon game .. so i am not going to be doing sculpturing and very detailed painting.. That would look really good for the case ,, but i want to capture Quake as we all so loved it...

Quake began the love for FPS for me and ALOT of people.. So now i will bring it back on the desktop!!

(Or just screw up horribly, waste time and money and feel like a miserable failure)

GT40_GearHead
07-02-2006, 06:52 PM
hhhmm
know what comes in my mind
GORE GORE::D:D:D:D:

Slug Toy
07-02-2006, 06:52 PM
as one of my teachers said to me quite a few years ago now, "we dont make mistakes, we make art"

i personally think that saying is total crap, but in this context... its slightly more relivant. maybe that saying will come in handy for you.

i was a failure earlier, so dont worry about, you'll just join the club if you screw up.

GT40_GearHead
07-02-2006, 06:57 PM
slug is right, but i think you will di just right, quake is a great game lots of inspiratin

simon275
07-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Hmm sounds cool what are you gona sculpt the portals out of?

butcher
07-02-2006, 08:20 PM
I am actually just gong to build a frame for them and cover with plastic , or foam,, For the actual teleport.. I will probably paint it to match the game ,, or something..

butcher
07-03-2006, 01:25 AM
ok, my first idea was just cut everything out of plastic, i have got the front wall made. and it looks to boxy.. I changed my original plan, i know am going to bondo it ,,,, i just fiberglassed the front wall for stability it will house a cdrom on the top of it... PICS ASAP.. my camera is out of batteries... :mad: