PDA

View Full Version : Been Gone for a while starting new project

andrew.glesener
07-04-2006, 01:22 AM
Hey all,
I was gone for a while I left after the shot up case idea. Im back with a new mod to make the all perpose case. A case with everthing, from toaster to am/fm clock.

maximan1
07-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Too bad it aint all gonna WORK!!!
Even if you got enough power outlets to plug that all in the thing would overheat soon enough.

Omega
07-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Even if you got enough power outlets to plug that all in the thing would overheat soon enough.

not true. Not every electrical appliance generates heat, and we also have these high tech things called fans...:rolleyes:

Scotty
07-04-2006, 03:52 PM
ooo the fan, thats futuristic that lol

sound like a mad mod, although handy wouldn't have to move again.

maximan1
07-04-2006, 06:59 PM
not true. Not every electrical appliance generates heat, and we also have these high tech things called fans...:rolleyes:

ooo the fan, thats futuristic that lol

sound like a mad mod, although handy wouldn't have to move again.

Shut up

A toaster would take at least 5 fans, you know how noisy that is? Im talkin watercooling here, and with that many appliances crazy glued to a beige case, it ain't gonna work.

Cagedconnerman
07-04-2006, 11:28 PM
it's doable, he may cut out a couple things but thats okay, dont try to kill an idea dude

Omega
07-05-2006, 12:36 AM
I hope you realize that toasters do not need to be cooled...

I also hope you realzie that you can ISOLATE HEAT to it's own little areas. :rolleyes:

b4i7
07-05-2006, 01:29 AM
I hope you realize that toasters do not need to be cooled...

I also hope you realzie that you can ISOLATE HEAT to it's own little areas. :rolleyes:

you mean....you can put stuff a part so you dont have all your heat in one area......what a brilliant idea....i figured you would sperad it evenly so its a nice and toasty computer all around:p

maximan1
07-05-2006, 02:28 AM
LOL yes but I strongly advise you NOT to make a rig like this.
Then you would be truly lazy.

DaveW
07-05-2006, 05:06 AM

Shut up

A toaster would take at least 5 fans, you know how noisy that is? Im talkin watercooling here, and with that many appliances crazy glued to a beige case, it ain't gonna work.

This is the second time today, your posts come across as rude and insulting. I don't want to have to warn you again, ok Maximan?

We need more info on this case, Mr. Glesener!

-Dave

cheztir
07-05-2006, 09:29 AM
Very nice.

You could always just put a Pentium 4 Prescott in there and connect the heatsink to a toaster like device. Playing FarCry and Making Breakfast at the same time!

Ok all jokes aside now, if you get a chance as well look into putting a tape deck in there. Something like this perhaps: http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/drives/7a8d/.

I like the idea very much. Also maximan is the one who has asked so much for encouraging words but it seems he can't create any of his own. But anywho, I'd like to see this thing come to fruition.

blue73
07-05-2006, 09:43 AM
Now this I have to see. A truely multi media centre PC. Now if only You could get a sink in there somewhere!! This should be a crackin mod.;)

Omega
07-05-2006, 11:50 PM
You could always just put a Pentium 4 Prescott in there and connect the heatsink to a toaster like device. Playing FarCry and Making Breakfast at the same time!

BEST QUOTE EVER.

Maximan, stop trying to shoot him down. Hell, I hope he succeeds in his mod, If he ever does it. Just to make you eat your words.

maximan1
07-06-2006, 01:12 AM
BEST QUOTE EVER.

Maximan, stop trying to shoot him down. Hell, I hope he succeeds in his mod, If he ever does it. Just to make you eat your words.
Sorry, having a tough time here.
Had to be mad at someone.

Omega
07-06-2006, 01:19 AM
Had to be mad at someone.

Don't be mad at some random person or shoot them down because of something that's your problem.

maximan1
07-06-2006, 02:46 AM
Now I'm mad at YOU Omega.

Airbozo
07-06-2006, 11:27 AM
Very nice.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/drives/7a8d/.

I am waiting for the 8-track tape model... Got a box waiting to transfer...JK!

Rankenphile
07-06-2006, 11:28 AM
Maximan, that's it. Enough of your crap. If someone wants to post a worklog they have every right to, regardless of how ambitious it may be. If you want to help, add something constructive to the post by correcting them in a polite way or pointing out a concern you have. You don't have to shoot down someone's idea because you don't like it, and you don' have to hijack every other thread like this.

See you in a week or two.

cheztir
07-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Now that the negative comments won't be a problem for a little while, I must ask you a few things.

What all is going to be in the case? and what case are you using? (i imagine it'd have to be fairly large)

Wow, i'm hungry for toast all of a sudden.

Cagedconnerman
07-06-2006, 05:00 PM
hmm, it may be best to try to combine two cases together, like in that 7-up mod(i think it was 7-up, mighta been mountain dew.)

simon275
07-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Hmm. Toast........

Yeah If you put a toaster in seperate it from the actual compoents of the computer. As it would porduce a lot of heat.

Maybe you could buy a tower case put the am fm clock radio in the front bottom of the case

And put the toaster in the top in the case with two slits in the top of the case where tho toast goes in the the pulldown toaster lever thingy above the power supply. Since there is noraml space above teh PSU in a tower case for fans and 3.5" drives etc the toaster would sit above the psu. To toaster would have to be removal so you can clean out crumbs. And rember dotn try and clean a toaster out with a knife when it is plugged in. Zap!

Also maybe even put in a refilable orange juice reservoir in the front 5.25" bays. With a cap on the top of the case to refil with Juice and a little tap on the front of it. It owuld be best if it was removal so you could wash it out to stop it getting nasty stuff in the bottom.

cheztir
07-06-2006, 11:42 PM
Ok, that last post gave me a funny idea. It'd never work, but a Orange Juice Cooled PC. Exactly what it means, dump the cooling agent in place of orange juice. Just for that i mocked up an idea sketch for you.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/Cheztir/Thing.jpg
1 - Toaster
2 - Fan to cool the toaster once it's done toasting (Controlled by a switch or PIC Controller)
3 - Bed to Mount HDs
4 - Orange Juice Tank
5 - Optical Drive
6 - AM/FM Clock (One of those really thin kind)

Also, in all seriousness, if youre not going to build this thing. I will. I'll put the brakes on the other stuff to do this.

Omega
07-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Holy crap. A breakfast-themed PC.

Orange juice res. Toaster. Hot plate/stove thing. Refridigeration compartment.

You could also put a tap on the OJ res, and use the firdge for hodling eggs, and milk. Also to keep the OJ cool (Maybe pump the OJ from a res to a radiator in the fridge to keep it cool?). And a place for a skillet to stay, too.

b4i7
07-07-2006, 12:46 AM
just need to use pulp free...im sure your radiator wouldnt like it...that or you could use something like apple cider...somethin you could put like a small tap on so you can just fill ya a glass from your res.....somethen that would taste good warm or cold.......dont know how good warm OJ would taste...

just a thought

FyR
07-07-2006, 01:48 AM
Maximan, that's it. Enough of your crap. If someone wants to post a worklog they have every right to, regardless of how ambitious it may be. If you want to help, add something constructive to the post by correcting them in a polite way or pointing out a concern you have. You don't have to shoot down someone's idea because you don't like it, and you don' have to hijack every other thread like this.

See you in a week or two.

Thankyou. Hope he grows up a bit. I have to say i was surprised how young a lot of the members here are, surprised because i would never have guessed by the high maturity levels of all but one of the members here. Its really refreshing. Id been under the impression that most members where between 20 - 40.

Anyway enough offtopic from me!

This mod is crazy, the best ones are! Good luck with this, id love to see it working, maybe try sketchup'in it to get some dimensions idea.

Ive seen a guy cook an egg on a processor before so toast would be easy! lol

Keep going a dont be disheatened by one person. :)

Super_Ted01
07-07-2006, 11:54 AM
this sounds like a really good mod, very original.
i might have to borrow that juice resivoir idea:D
i thought instaed of a clock radio how about a car stereo in a drive bay, (and if theres room a cd changer)
how about using an old disc drive for a cup holder, reinforce the tray with steel