PDA

View Full Version : Fear

butcher
07-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Anyone played fear?

For a FPS I still sat Hl2 is number 1... (so far)

But fear is definatly worth the look at... The graphics are more realistic, and the battles are phenominal .. everything breaks, shatters or explodes.. there is a slow motion feature... and the best grenade effects i have EVER seen... multiplayer... is alot better then hl2 ,

The only thing in my opinion keeping this from number 1.. is the storyline... Supershort.. the game was over before i felt like it started... but the ending is super awesome...

What did you all think?

.Maleficus.
07-07-2006, 08:15 PM
Never played FEAR, but I just played Condemned: Criminal Origins. If you like realistic graphics, thats a good game to play.

Once I get Windows on a computer though, I will probably buy FEAR.

And HL2 is the best FPS.

butcher
07-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Yea I got condemned also.. It is the same engine as fear, and some of the same models are in condemned that were in fear.. Such as the stacks of lumber....

PauL
07-08-2006, 12:56 AM
I thought F.E.A.R. had an pretty good story line but was a little too short. The ending got pretty messed up in my opinion. (Won't ruin it for you people that haven't played it yet.) My friend told me there is going to be an expansion for it, which I am looking forward to.

.Maleficus.
07-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Yeah, there was some info on the expansion in one of my PC Gamer's. Does anyone have the Collectors Edition of FEAR? Are the extras worth the money?

Redbeard
07-10-2006, 12:25 PM
I played FEAR a good bit but never finished it. I mean the game is awesome but I played it right after HL2. And it just wasn't as good, so it was hard to stick with it. I get tired of FPS after a while and have to switch.