PDA

View Full Version : G15, G5 and G7

The boy 4rm oz
07-08-2006, 09:44 AM
I want to get a new keyboard and mouse cos my old ones just died. I'm going to get the G15 keyboard but i don't know what mouse to get, the G5 or the G7. Any info would be great. I like the G7 cos its wireless like my old mouse but it looks a bit slippery and the G5 just looks awesome and I like the idea of the weight changes. Please help.
*Thanks*

d_stilgar
07-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Weight changes is a bit of a novelty. I hear that few people really enjoy what it brings. The best thing about the G5 is the adjustable DPI. Wireless is good but I hear that there are lag problems with the G7 while playing games. I find that hard to believe however because I play with my Logitech MX duo for bluetooth and never seem to get lag. The only problem I have is if I am camping and not moving for a while, my mouse will kinda 'go to sleep'.

I say that you should go for what you think you will need more, convenience of wireless or speed and precision of G5.

demon_hunter2k4
07-08-2006, 10:48 PM
i would personally recommend the MX518, i know its old ;D but it is perfect for just about all gaming and has and awesome design :P

The boy 4rm oz
07-09-2006, 01:07 AM
Well both mice are the same. You can change DPI on the fly and all the specs are the same. The lazers are identical and they both refresh at 500mhz. The only real difference is cordless and corded. I can get the G5 for $99 AUS and the G7 for $135 AUS. My main consern is that the G7 may be slippery because of its gloss paint. If i had my way i would buy both and swap covers and use the G5 cover on the G7 mouse but thats gonna cost to much ;) lol.

Omega
07-09-2006, 03:01 AM
Mx700...

It's like the G7, but it actually has a forward button (and it's old)