PDA

View Full Version : 86 Ford Tempo Mod Ideas Needed

86tempo
07-18-2006, 12:30 AM
Hello All, I'm a long time reader, first time poster.

I currently have a 86 Ford Tempo and am looking for Mod Ideas. I already have some in mind... First let me tell you of the car...

It is a 86 Ford Tempo, 2 door, white in color, with Metal Bumpers. Front wheel drive with a 5 speed Standard with I think a single barrel carburator.

My Ideas.
- First of all the metal bumpers have got to go. I am about 80% sure that the plastic bumpers from a 87 topaz will fit, and from there I can make my own body kit from other plastic bumpers using fiberglass, and body filler.

- after the bodies fixed, i wanna vynil and paint it. I want to paint it a Metallic Silver and get blue vynil for the car, and blue street glow as well. Whats everyone think of that? Metallic silver with blue lights?

- For the engine, since it basicly runs perfect, besides a small timing issue, i want to get a ram air system for the carburator. that should boost the horsepower a little bit.

- Exhaust. I really want to get rid of the Catylatic Convertor and straight pipe it. horsepower boost there.

thats about all that I can think of right now. Does anyone have any input of what else I should do, or any comments on what I plan to do?

Have a great day guys.

Omega
07-18-2006, 12:57 AM
Even though this is a computer modding forum, I will share my sutomotive opinions!

Do not, i repeat, do not put underglow on a car. It makes cars look utterly retarded. Silver and blue vinyls is good, though.

Yeah, ditch the metal bumpers. Extra weight.

Don't take off the cat. First off, what you do when you do that is not a horsepower gian, but instead, you are releasing toxic gases into the atmosphere that can kill people. And that's bad. All a cat does is burn off the extra fuel and get rid of said toxic gases.

Also, don't make your own bodykit. Unless you have very extensive experience, it will come out very, very crappy. It's hard enough to work with bondo on computers for the first time -- I can't even imagine making something nice that's bumper-size.

Aaaalso, Might I suggest you head over to the streetglow forums? you'll probably we welcomed better from the users there (sorry, but I hate ricers and all they stand for.)

Tweezy
07-18-2006, 01:18 AM
Also I'm pretty sure removing the cat is illegal (at least in the states it is)

Omega
07-18-2006, 01:34 AM
Also I'm pretty sure removing the cat is illegal (at least in the states it is)

Calgary = Canada, I believe.

Regardless, you don't gain anything from it. Stop watching F&F movies, they make you dumb. =p

maximan1
07-18-2006, 01:38 AM
Thats a damn ugly car, but if you mod it a bit it would be better looking.
First submit it into the PIMP MY RIDE show, then wait until they say "sorry, your car was not chosen" then destroy the metal bumpers :).
I like the idea of the silver with the blue vinyls and underlights. Put new rims on the car too, it'll be better that way. Maybe put some chrome in there somewhere, then peel off with the doors locked next to some gangsters :p.

Good luck, maximan1

Tweezy
07-18-2006, 01:38 AM
Shh I didn't look at his location. Pfft, that would involve thinking. Besides, if it is illegal in the states then it could be illegal in Canada.

Sidenote: Just looked at Argent Dawn project, looks good.

Omega
07-18-2006, 01:41 AM
Shh I didn't look at his location. Pfft, that would involve thinking. Besides, if it is illegal in the states then it could be illegal in the US.

Sidenote: Just looked at Argent Dawn project, looks good.

are you retarded?

Besides, if it is illegal in the states then it could be illegal in the US.

THE STATES ARE THE US. US STANDS FOR UNITED STATES.

Sidenote: Thanks.

maximan1
07-18-2006, 01:43 AM
Yeah he probably is retarded with a name like that and everything...

AceX
07-18-2006, 05:03 AM
Sell it and buy an MR2.

simon275
07-18-2006, 07:14 AM
Insurance fraud? And buy a better car?

Maybe not

I could never be bothered to mod by car. I drive a Holden Vectra same thing as a vaxual or an opal vectra different badge. Oh and its the v6 model not the pissy v4 sewing machine.

Its so expensive not worth it.

Like a bogo rear spoiler painted and mounted costs $376.32 USD

Most people think you are a prick if you drive round in a car with body kits and neons and stuff like that.

Save your pennies and by a better car.
(there's the economist in me coming out)

Oh and wow metal bumpers. I bet they are digned up real nice from parking and all. Ditch em.

Maybe there should be a small automotive forum for this kinda stuff if more of it comes up.

tennysol
07-18-2006, 08:41 AM
Does anyone have any input of what else I should do, or any comments on what I plan to do?

Have a great day guys.

Why the heck hasn't anyone told him to mod in a computer?!?!? After all, with all the silly ideas for a 20 year old car, which I have never seen modded nicely...ever (so please post photos before and after)...why aren't we playing to our strengths here?

And why do you have to come down on Civics?:) I had one of those...HEY WAIT A MINUTE...when has a Tempo ever beaten a Civic? Better yet when has a Tempo ever beaten anything? Just Kidding.

Tweezy
07-18-2006, 11:04 AM
I'm sorry, maximan? Or should I say Maxipad? how about you stfu before you flame somebody elses name please. I don't appreciate being dissed by menstruation blockers. Also, omega, simple typo considering it was around 2 in the morning i accidently said US twice but I'm pretty sure you could discern what I meant.

Now as far as your car goes... why would you want to put any more money into that car than it cost to purchase it. If I were you I would spare the money from modding it and buy a better car, which seems to be the overall concensus here. If your heart is set on it though I think some cathodes wired to blink with your blinkers or come on with your breaks might look kind of cool under the seats. Maybe not...

CanaBalistic
07-19-2006, 08:33 PM
Dudes... Lets keep the slander to a minimum... Calling somone a retard for no apparent reason other than a typeO is immature and should be reported to an admin. Im sure tweezy didnt come here to be called names.

As for the current topic:

I actually love the lines of the grand ol 86 tempo. It could be a very nice car.

My idea for a body kit is nothing special, basicly a small box that runs the circumfrence of the car and humps over the wheel wells. Also some vents and a few key ingredients would finish it off nicely

Catalytic converter's are illegal to remove on passanger cars in canada. You can bypass this (usually) by registering your car as a farm vehicle. You can run straight pipes as long as you toss on some mufflers for emmissions testing and vehicle inspection.

A better, more realistic idea would be to get some $30 glass packs that dont impeed air flow

Ouch!
07-26-2006, 05:55 AM
If you mod your car expect to get stopped by the Police at least 3 times a week!

If you mod your computer nobody can stop you!!!

Ouch!