PDA

View Full Version : The 2015 TBCS Member Meetup

d_stilgar
03-08-2014, 03:22 PM
So we've been talking a bit about meeting up in a few (http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?34312-Anyone-going-to-QuakeCon) threads (http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?33828-Battlefield-4-giveaway!/page4), and I figured that we might just try and find an even that we'd all be willing to go to.

So, if you are interested in coming to meetup with people, just post where you live (just the state is fine if you like), how far you are willing to travel and/or which events specifically you would be willing to go to.

I'll start.

I live in Moscow, ID right now, but am about to graduate (M. Arch degree) and am looking for work almost exclusively on the East coast, so who knows where I'll be in three months.

I'm willing to travel to pretty much anywhere in the U.S. as long as the event is big enough. I'd even consider some international events if I could somehow also turn it into a vacation for the whole family.

I'd really love to go to one of the following events, and would travel to get there.

PAX Prime
PAX East
San Diego ComicCon
QuakeCon
Dragon Con
MegaCon

TLHarrell
03-08-2014, 04:48 PM
I'm in SF Bay Area California, but am considering a move to Tennessee. Who knows where I'll be at the time selected, but it would be fun to meet up.

Twigsoffury
03-08-2014, 11:40 PM
Oklahoma.

I can travel most anywhere, though we've got Tokyo in Tulsa here in my state.

PAX would be super sweet though!

d_stilgar
03-09-2014, 03:26 AM
Tickets for PAX sell out almost instantly. I've tried to get tickets a few times and they're always just gone the moment they go on sale.

Omega
03-09-2014, 03:53 AM
Met Paul Capello and Jon Benson at the Maker Faire in the Bay Area a few years back, Paul was showing off Doom3 and one of his other mods.

Possibly a Maker Faire? A lot of the stuff is pretty interesting, especially for those of us who like to build and mod things. Just a thought.

edit\\

I'm in the SF Bay Area too FWIW

Twigsoffury
03-09-2014, 06:14 AM
Met Paul Capello and Jon Benson at the Maker Faire in the Bay Area a few years back, Paul was showing off Doom3 and one of his other mods.

Possibly a Maker Faire? A lot of the stuff is pretty interesting, especially for those of us who like to build and mod things. Just a thought.

edit\\

I'm in the SF Bay Area too FWIW

dang, but then i'd have to get off my butt and actually make something useful and pretty so i don't look lame at the meeting. . .

Omega
03-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Not really, you can just attend the maker faire without being a participant. Lots of other stuff to look at.

Twigsoffury
03-09-2014, 03:01 PM
Not really, you can just attend the maker faire without being a participant. Lots of other stuff to look at.

That's not twiggy's style though (o__ 0 )

d_stilgar
03-09-2014, 08:33 PM
I'd do maker faire. It's been on my list and I have family there.

TLHarrell
03-10-2014, 12:29 AM
I'll probably be going to Maker Faire on Saturday this year again. Going to see if I can score free tickets from Full Spectrum.

Omega
03-10-2014, 04:47 AM
That's not twiggy's style though (o__ 0 )

It would be cool to get some nice high end mods shown off at a TBCS booth again...

03-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Tickets for PAX sell out almost instantly. I've tried to get tickets a few times and they're always just gone the moment they go on sale.

Yea, PAX Prime is a dream of mine, but Ive never managed to get tickets :(

Airbozo
03-10-2014, 04:57 PM
I too am in the Bay Area. Makers Fair was fun and I could do that again. I can also show you guys my labs in San Jose (very close to the airport).

I may be able to swing a work trip to other venues, so long as they are relevant. (Tokyo in Tulsa would be a no go).

d_stilgar
03-10-2014, 07:59 PM
I think there might be enough of us that we could start trying to commit to Maker Faire for 2015. Did we want to exhibit or just attend?

Twigsoffury
03-14-2014, 09:28 AM
(Tokyo in Tulsa would be a no go).

i knew you didn't wuv me no mo'

=p

I think there might be enough of us that we could start trying to commit to Maker Faire for 2015. Did we want to exhibit or just attend?

whats the price difference? cause if i've gotta travel.. most of my entire budget will be spent on gas and lodging.. well unless i tow the camper with me