PDA

View Full Version : Western Digital 160GB $15.83@Circuit City

ZeD
04-17-2005, 03:10 AM
Circuit City (www.circuitcity.com) has the Western Digital 160GB drive for $119.99.

Price match to Samsclub for $79.84

$79.84 - $4.01 (10% difference) - $30 CC MIR - $30 WD MIR = $15.83

Remember you have 30 days to get the PM. It's usually easier to buy it and then return later. It may be easier to buy it now online and then pm at pickup since the rebates won't print.

TIPS FOR SUCCESS!!

Do not try to PM this over the phone. DO not call and ask questions. This is what you do:

1. Go buy the drive. Maybe pay in electronics so avoid contact with the CSR desk. Ask for duplicates of your receipt if they dont print them for you. Trust me it makes life easier to have copies.

2. Take everything to your car.

3. Go do something for a little bit for 30 minutes or so.

4. Return to Circuit City with a copy of the web page showing the drive at Sam's. If you're enterprising you already checked through click and pull and know its in stock at your local Sam's.

5. You bring in only your receipt (the original) and the web page.

6. Request the price match.

7. If you dont get the pm don't get ugly, you have 30 days. Go back and try again or try a different store.

Other method

Order after midnight before the drive is pulled from the web site. They usually remove sale and make it instore only. If you got in then the rebate won't print out. Just request the pm after showing the lesser price at Sam's. If you are unsuccessful follow #7.

You have 30 days. If it doesn't work out you can always return it and have lost nothing.

Good luck, your mileage may vary.

MrSlacker
04-17-2005, 10:39 AM
thats a great price, but Circuit City will most likely not PM Sam's because you need to be a member at Sam's to buy anything from them. good luck

ZeD
04-17-2005, 01:08 PM
thats a great price, but Circuit City will most likely not PM Sam's because you need to be a member at Sam's to buy anything from them. good luck
Wrong, I've done it plenty of times, sometimes they will do it no questions asked, sometimes they ask to see your sam's club card and sometimes they just raise the sam's club price to non member prices (10% more than advertised) either way they will, and have never refused. Some managers do but I slap a letter from Circuit City corperate on the counter and they STFU and do it.

MrSlacker
04-17-2005, 01:11 PM
what letter? can i have a copy?

ComputerGeek489
05-02-2005, 01:26 PM
I looked on the site for circuit city and I cant find the sale or rebate offers, a little while ago, there was a 120gb hard drive on sale on rebate but I cant find the 160gb hard drivel. Can someone help me and point me in the right direction. THANKS 8)

ZeD
05-02-2005, 02:46 PM
These are weekly specials, the date of posting was the 17th of last month, its now the 2nd of May