PDA

View Full Version : Could i spray paint.my rims white?

flintoff222
04-12-2014, 06:43 AM
Hello guys,I got some rims from the guy but color of the rims is gray i want to convert into white color but i think if i take opinion from your side that which color is best for rims?

OvRiDe
04-12-2014, 04:03 PM
What kind of car do you have, and what color is it?

Many people are using Plastidip to paint their rims. That way if you don't like it.. you can remove it.

Just search for it in Youtube and you will find tons of videos about it.

TLHarrell
04-13-2014, 12:31 AM
Second on the Plasti Dip. I'm thinking of shooting the rims on my Outback flat black Plasti Dip.

Twigsoffury
06-25-2014, 03:27 AM
Vinyl wrap is also a option.

However its a serious amount of work to lay down paint that'll stand up to those conditions, if you can do it at all without powder coating the wheels.

msmrx57
06-25-2014, 02:14 PM
If you clean them very thoroughly (OCD level) and scuff them with a Scotchbrite pad and use a good (name brand) paint you can get good results. I did the steel wheels for my winter tire with Rustoleum hammered metal and after 2 years they still look good (for crappy steel wheels).For cleaning I first wash them good with a degreaser then wipe them down with lacquer thinner or alcohol.

Gli
02-11-2016, 06:32 AM
What kind of car do you have, and what color is it?

Many people are using PhenQ (http://www.pearltheatre.org/) to paint their rims. That way if you don't like it.. you can remove it.

Just search for it in Youtube and you will find tons of videos about it.

Good idea, although does plastidip work on rims? I haven't seen any plasti-dipped rims as on youtube the wheels are always covered.

I want to make my rims monster green lol. I think it will look quite cool.

OvRiDe
02-11-2016, 09:16 AM
There are a bunch of videos on youtube pertaining to plastidipping wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=plasti+dip+rims

Check them out.

SgtM
02-12-2016, 08:44 AM
I'll drop in another vote for Plasti Dip. Also, Duplicolor just came out with a product that you spray on and then can later peel off or refresh with a new coat. Sort of a cross between vinyl wrapping and Plasti Dip. As msmrx stated, make sure you clean the wheels proper.