PDA

View Full Version : Audio CD problems with Itune.

simon275
07-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Figuered this would be the best place to post this.

This is a question from my uncle.

He recntly bought and ipod and and installed itunes. Once he did that he found he could no longer play Audio CD's on any programs on his computer. I got him to check in device manager and all was fine. And all his drivers are up to date. He is using a soundblaster live card and runs XP. Other people are posting about this problem else where on the net but no one has any soultions. I wondered if you lot have any input on how to fix the problem.

Silenced_Coyote
07-21-2006, 11:58 PM
If he recently bought an iPod, can't he call Apple since he is under the Apple Care Protection Plan?

simon275
07-22-2006, 03:43 AM
He eamiled them and got no response at all.

This is in New Zeland though I don't think apple has its care thing there. I don't even know if they have it here in oz.

Silenced_Coyote
07-30-2006, 08:25 PM
How about uninstalling iTunes and try playing Audio CDs. Then if it works, try installing it again but from Apple.com instead of the CD that comes with the iPod.

simon275
07-31-2006, 12:02 AM
Oh hey

Yeah He has that already tried that to no sucess. It seemed the moment he installed itunes for the first time it buggered up his system. I think he has reinstalled windows bynow and the problem will be fixed hopefully.

Thanks for the help anyway Silenced_Coyote