PDA

View Full Version : Operation: Plexa The Lexa

MitaPi
07-25-2006, 02:32 AM
Hello my fellow modders! Welcome to my very first computer case mod! Basically what I am doing here is moddifying premodded cases. Which can be very tricky let me tell you! Okay so this is what I am doing. I am taking a Nxzt Lexa Computer Case and ...you guessed it! MODIFYING IT! WHOO HOO! Ah, can you just feel the excitement? ^_^ Anywho... This is what I have so far in my lil black book of doomish idea's! You know... doomish might not be the right word to use here... lol oh man! I havent even started and I am already going down in flames! :P

(I've drawn a quick picture to help you see my awesome-tastic vision ....which was almost completely thought up by our fellow modder "Omega". How bout a round of applause for "Omega"!?)

Objective one: Create a plexi glass enclosure on both top and bottom of the Nxzt Lexa. (Include 80mm air holes on both top and bottom enclosures)

Objective two: Mount two 4'' Blue Cold Cathodes on the inside of the bottom enclosure on both sides of the "vent" hole.

Objective three: Place Blue Ultra Bright LED's behind the case door for an added illuminated case door effect.

AND THATS PRETTY MUCH IT FOLKS! If you have any comments, idea, questions, awnsers, thoughts, outbursts, cheers, etc etc. THEN PLEASE BY ALL MEAN! Leave me a swell (but not limited to) comment! Over and out!

-MitaPi

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h237/MitaPi/LexaModified.jpg

Edit: Maybe I should include an 80mm tube that runs from the top 80mm fan to the bottom 80mm vent hole? And then drill air holes in the tube in the direction that I want the air mainly flowing?

Edit 2: The top enclosure is all once pice. It just goes around the fan. I'm thinking that maybe I should turn the top enclosure since it is basically useless into a liquid cooling Reservoir? Also I think I will put 4 inch UV cold cathodes up top and have the plexi UV reactive. Maybe I should just put uv reactive fluid up top and leave it?

Silenced_Coyote
07-25-2006, 01:27 PM
The air tube/vent idea is harder than it sounds. Most of the air flow will be pushed out the bottom vent and very little will by pushed out through the holes in the tube. A big tube going down the middle of your case would disrupt the airflow of the rest of your case.

I think that the top 80mm fan would be better if was an exhaust. I'm also not sure about the purpose of the bottom vent...