PDA

View Full Version : Custom Acrylic Reservoir... good idea or bad?

MitaPi
07-26-2006, 03:53 AM
Okay.. so this is just a super fast drawn sketch type deal of a drawing here. Just to give you the idea of what I am wanting to do. (since I am still learning sketchup) But anywho.. let me know if you think this would be a good, bad or an ok idea. Thanks a bunches!

-MitaPi

Oh and also.. if anyone knows how to work with acrylic then let me know.. lol because I have no idea what I am doing! ^_^

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h237/MitaPi/lexa_24modified.jpg

The cylinder thing there is a hole for the fan at the top of the case. The two holes by that are the holes that go and come from the pump. The other two holes (one on top and one on the side) ore going to be danger den fil ports. One for filling, one for draining.

GT40_GearHead
07-26-2006, 07:01 AM
i dont see nothin wrong with it
as long a you make it right

MitaPi
07-26-2006, 07:33 AM
Do you have any Idea's? Like anything else I can do? Thats sadly the only thing I can think of doing... other than putting LED's behind the case door and putting a cold cathode under the case. This case is so hard to work with because its already pre-modded.. but I want to make it more one of a kind. Surely a custom reservoir cant be the only thing can it?

.Maleficus.
07-26-2006, 09:17 AM
You could paint it a different color (unless you want it black). Or paint the inside. But yeah, the res looks good.

MitaPi
07-26-2006, 09:21 AM
Thanks, It took me about 3 seconds to draw. ^_^ I think I am going to paint the inside UV Blue. Heres my list of mods so far...

-UV Blue Paint on the inside of case
-UV 80mm Round Cathode in reservoir
-Blue Cathode under case
-Blue LED's Behind the door

Hmmm... somehow I just dont feel satisfied. :P ARGH! I hate pre-modded computers! lol

.Maleficus.
07-26-2006, 09:25 AM
Lol, yeah, it makes modding it yourself harder. You could also cut a huge hole on top of your case so when you look through the res you will see the inside of you computer. That could be interesting.

b4i7
07-26-2006, 09:38 AM
there is ALWAYS still so much you can do with a premod....youre already buyin acrylic sheets ..so why not do something like the hpres 3 such as a mobo cover or somethin.......just cuz its a pre mod doesnt stop you from goin crazy

MitaPi
07-26-2006, 09:39 AM
I wonder if I could cut the other side of the case and put a window there.... so you can see the back of my motherboard? lol maybe not, Idk. I dont want to ruin the nice piano black paint job finish on it. :P

GT40_GearHead
07-26-2006, 09:44 AM
dont paint the res, use UV acrylic, or UV coolant

and I like the hole under the res idea

MitaPi
07-26-2006, 09:47 AM
lol no no.. I know.. I am using UV Acrylic for the res. I am painting the inside of MY COMPUTER CASE. lol not my res.. that would be gay.. lol

and I had to put a hole there for the fan.. lol so its just my luck.. because now I am going to put a UV round cathode in there to light up my res! :P

oh and I am also using UV coolant.. lol so this mother should glow like you just dont know! WHOO! Way to go me... i feel so gay now. ^_^

GT40_GearHead
07-26-2006, 10:10 AM
i feel so gay now

words like this make new users go "hhhhhhhm"

LOL

MitaPi
07-26-2006, 10:53 AM
Never use the word gay again. Gotchya.

.Maleficus.
07-26-2006, 12:11 PM
Never use the word gay again. Gotchya.

LOL, that's great. But if you cut a hole on the other panel, you would get a very nice view of the back of your mobo tray. Quite the sight, don't you think? You could however cut a hole, frost some plexi, and use UV paint to paint on a design... that would be a little nicer than the mobo tray. Put some UV or white lights by it and you might get something nice.

ComputerKing
07-26-2006, 04:54 PM
i think thats not real thing so dont imaging go head and do work and it will be cool idea for colling coz the hot airr going up :D

.Maleficus.
07-26-2006, 05:09 PM
i think thats not real thing so dont imaging go head and do work and it will be cool idea for colling coz the hot airr going up :D

Sorry, I didn't quite understand that. Could you rephrase it?

MitaPi
07-26-2006, 06:53 PM
I agree, I'm not really sure exactly what you were trying to say there??

.Maleficus.
07-26-2006, 07:09 PM
I think he means it will be a good idea because hot air rises and it will hit the res and since the water will be cool, it will cool the hot air. But thinking that way, it might also heat your water giving you less effectivness. But with that fan there sucking out the heat, it probably won't matter much.

MitaPi
07-26-2006, 07:49 PM
Yea, if anything it would heat up my res.(unless it was cold air blowing out) Which I would think is a bad thing. But worry not because the heat being sucked out at the top there wont be nearly enough to make my res even luke warm. lol There will be so much coolant in there anyways that when and if any coolant comes back "warm" it will pretty much instantly become the tempature of the res. Which on the out side of a case and with two rads (Thermaltake 4005 Heat Exchanger & TT 12cm Big Radiator) the coolant should be a pretty good tempature.

MitaPi
07-26-2006, 09:41 PM
OKay people! I have been working on my H20 kit and I have updated my drawings. The only problem I am having is figuring out where to put the pump.. since one of the rads is also my cpu heatsink/fan and the other rad is my back 120mm fan and of course.. my res is that that big thing up top that I am thinking of nick naming "goliath" or something lol. Ive outlined the area I have to work with but I am wondering if there is a more creative way to go about this? I'll have alot of plexi left over from the res so maybe I can worth with that. Maybe cut the res in half and put the pump in there somewhere?? idk.. some advice would be nice!

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h237/MitaPi/lexa_24modified67676666-1.jpg

Also: That is my pump there in the corner, I think I have the right size down? hopefully its not bigger than that! lol

.Maleficus.
07-26-2006, 11:07 PM
You could put in under the 5.25" drive bays, where the 3.5" drives go, and set it on the floor of the case. Other than that I have no idea.

MitaPi
07-26-2006, 11:27 PM
Well all the drive space is taken up. I have only 1 hard drive in the HD area since I have a 200GB External. So I could possibly put it there and feed the tubes through the holes there. But yea... its something like that or just setting it on the floor of the case right there.

MitaPi
07-27-2006, 04:55 AM
Okay, Its not sketchup... but it should hopefully give you a better idea.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h237/MitaPi/LexaModifiedComplete.jpg

.Maleficus.
07-27-2006, 09:45 AM
Yeah, unless you want to mount it externally, that would probably be the best place to do it.

GT40_GearHead
07-27-2006, 09:54 AM
why dont you make an identical res in the botompart of the case

MitaPi
07-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Well I was thinking of under glowing the case. That is putting a Blue Cold Cathode under there. Even tho everything is in like pink on the drawings. Blue will be the main color of choice. (Since it already comes with blue stuff, which means I dont have to replace anything down the road). But I never thought of having two reservoirs like that. The only thing that concerns me is the pump at that point. I dont think it is strong enough at 567 l/h? (150GPH). (3/8ths tube).

But this is how I would do it if I did go with a dual reservoir...

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h237/MitaPi/LexaModifiedCompleteVer.jpg

MitaPi
07-28-2006, 05:01 AM
Closed...