PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft 10 Day Trial

PauL
07-28-2006, 04:29 AM
I have recently bought World of Warcraft and with doing so I got 5 referals that I am able to give to a friend. A "referal" is a CD Key that can be used for World of Warcraft as a free 10 day trial period. If you decide to purchase the game you can upgrade your accout to a full account for $40.00. Here (http://www.blizzard.com/support/wow/?id=aInformation01964p1) is a FAQ on it. You can download the client here (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/downloads/wowclient-download.html)
The following restrictions are placed on all trial accounts:

A level cap of 20.
A maximum of 10 gold.
Trade skills are capped at 100 ranks.
Inability to trade via the auction house, mailbox, or player-to-player.
In-game chat channels will be unavailable.
A limit on the number of tells that can be sent.
Realms with login queues will give priority to customers with retail accounts.

There are two reasons I'm doing this: 1. To let you have a chance to experience what World of Warcraft is like with a free 10 Day trial period, and 2. So I am able to get a free month. If you choose to upgrade your account on www.worldofwarcraft.com Blizzard will give me a free month to play. In a way this can help both of us out.

Please email me at majwinters91@yahoo.com , PM or tell me if you would like me to email you a CD Key for your free 10 Day trial.

Mods - please lock if you don't think this topic should be made.

Rankenphile
07-28-2006, 12:33 PM
No, this is fine. I'm going to be doing the same thing. If anyone wants a free key, send me a PM or an email to rankenphile (at) gmail dot com.

OvRiDe
07-28-2006, 10:41 PM
OMG .. say it isn't true!! You guys are WarCrack dealers!!

sniff- whats the World coming to..

FyR
07-29-2006, 04:56 AM
you got a PM PauL :)

PauL
07-29-2006, 02:50 PM
K sent, enjoy WoW :)

FyR
07-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Lovely Jubly! I'll see if i can find you on there :)

Paul

PauL
07-29-2006, 03:46 PM
If you press O you can add me to your friends list if your playing on Thunderlord realm. I'm a noob still cause I only bought the game about 2 days ago.

FyR
07-30-2006, 09:44 AM
God dam it, trying to instal the trial and 3 of the installer tome.mpq files are corrupt! grrr trying to fix

EDIT: Nvm i managaed to find another source for the download

PauL
07-31-2006, 07:15 PM
So how do you like the game FyR, have you thought about buying it?

FyR
07-31-2006, 09:21 PM
Just bought it from play.com, £17.99! Cheaapo :D a free month should be heading your way soon bud.

PauL
08-01-2006, 12:40 AM
Did you upgrade your account or buy a whole new game.

FyR
08-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Well they wanted $40 to upgrade my account or i could get the whole game + manual ect for £17.99 inc delivery, dont worry though, one of the options is to enter a purchased serial key to upgrde your trial account which i will do so you will still get your free month.

PauL
08-01-2006, 03:56 PM
lol k thanks and have fun playing

Omega
08-02-2006, 02:32 AM
WoW = ownage

i have a level 38 dwarf warrior, he owns hardcore

I should do the referral thingy

Vertigo
08-09-2006, 09:45 PM
I've got a few trial keys laying around if anyone else wants one message me.

I've got a 60 Warlock on Malorne server, if you play there look me up:
http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?1271993

Lunchbox
08-11-2006, 03:02 AM
WoW = Noob

bramblez
08-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Hi,

Could someone send me a 10 day trial please? Also do I need a UK key?

Also I have a UK full copy of the game, so can I use the key with this copy? Also can I upgrade the key to the full version online after the 10 days is up? If so how do I do it?

Cheers.

Sorry for the n00b questions.

PauL
08-23-2006, 10:51 PM
Hi,

Could someone send me a 10 day trial please? Also do I need a UK key?

Also I have a UK full copy of the game, so can I use the key with this copy? Also can I upgrade the key to the full version online after the 10 days is up? If so how do I do it?

Cheers.

Sorry for the n00b questions.

Yes you can use the key that you got with the full copy of the game, thats why they send it with the game. Yes you are able to upgrade to a full account from your trial account. To do so, go to www.worldofwarcraft.com create an account with the trial key that I email you. Once you have registered your account with the website log onto it and go to "Account Management" from there there should be a link to where you can upgrade to a full account.

Please PM or post your email adress so I can send you a trial key.

DaveW
08-24-2006, 04:45 AM
You can catch me on Moonglade's RP server from time to time. I'm a level 19 Warrior gnome called Salizar. I RP as a grumpy old man so don't get offended by anything I say.

-Dave

simon275
08-24-2006, 04:57 AM
Yeah lvl 48 Troll Hunter on Shadow Moon (pvp)

Razors Edge
08-24-2006, 02:10 PM
v3life@yahoo.com, i want a trail

Airbozo
08-24-2006, 03:11 PM
WoW looks good, but I just can't justify a monthly charge to play a game... That's alot of other games or payment on my keg...

.Maleficus.
08-24-2006, 04:12 PM
WoW looks good, but I just can't justify a monthly charge to play a game... That's alot of other games or payment on my keg...
I know what you mean... $15 is too much to pay each month, after a $50 game purchase already. But I still would like to play the game once, just to see what all the hype is about. Maybe once I have a decent gaming computer, I will post back for a trial key, if anyone has any left.

Vertigo
08-28-2006, 10:23 PM
I still have several, actually I got two more today.

Eod16
09-05-2006, 08:54 AM
WoW is great . i have a lvl 60 warlock , and an alt warrior lvl 19 twink !!!! :D , im on the us arthas server ,, i have two us 10 day trial key's ,, pm if u want one :D....

Wish
09-15-2006, 02:26 AM
Hi, I need a trial key, does anyone has a spare one?

Please pm me or send it to m_sliw@yahoo.com.

Thanx! :)

PauL
09-15-2006, 02:36 AM
Roger that. Will send you one.

Razors Edge
09-15-2006, 09:05 PM
Paul please give me one. Mines V3life@yahoo.com

PauL
09-16-2006, 03:02 PM
Okay did, only have on more key left.

Theros
09-18-2006, 06:15 AM
Hi, I alos have been looking for a trial key, does anyone have a spare one?

Please pm me or send it to simonmallett@hotmail.co.uk

Thankies

Vertigo
09-19-2006, 06:02 PM
I'm officially out of keys for probably a month, then I'll have a couple more when I get more game cards.

simon275
09-27-2006, 01:27 AM
I have keys I sent theros one.

Anyone else want one?

chedabob
09-27-2006, 03:42 AM
go on then, ill have a go.

simon275
10-02-2006, 07:40 PM
8 Keys left.

Razors Edge
10-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Guys I still have my key I didn't use, I CAN"T DOWNLOAD THE FRIGGIN GAME. I have cable but since I have the oldest version of Wireless, i get like 10 KBPS. KILOBYTES!! So I need someone to send me a cd with the game.

sLİM sHADDY
10-04-2006, 08:58 AM
@simon275 Can i get one???

arapprens@hotmail.com

wownewbie
10-05-2006, 02:09 AM
8 Keys left.

Are your keys for EU servers?Cuz im living in UK.May i have two please?My elder brother and i are dying for playing WOW.Please send them to qiujinghui@gmail.com if it's ok.Thank you so much!!!!

Razors Edge
10-05-2006, 10:24 AM
People Register Just for the Key.

mania71
10-05-2006, 03:15 PM
could i get a key:p
i would like to try WOW
please...:?

grtz

Razors Edge
10-05-2006, 03:38 PM
that Makes Person #3 to creat an account on these boards just for a key.

Paul Cappelo should start giving out keys if he want smore members.

ajmilton
10-05-2006, 04:55 PM
Guys I still have my key I didn't use, I CAN"T DOWNLOAD THE FRIGGIN GAME. I have cable but since I have the oldest version of Wireless, i get like 10 KBPS. KILOBYTES!! So I need someone to send me a cd with the game.
ouch. i can't see how much fun your gaming would be at that rate either :P
on a side note, i probably have some of these keys too, i seem to recall bliz allowing all accounts to generate 'em. so if folks run out, i have some too :P

simon275
10-06-2006, 08:02 AM
I' am processing all the requests for keys that have flooded in hold your breaths they will arive shortly.

laptev
10-08-2006, 01:18 AM
Can someone e-mail me a spare key at laptev2@yahoo.com? thanks.

mike1211
10-11-2006, 01:41 AM
well, seems like everyone and their mother is looking for a trial key. sorry to bother, but if anyone still has a key left... mike1211@gmail.com . thanks peeps.

klingelton
10-25-2006, 07:18 AM
don't get involved with this game, it's a life eater!

klingelton
11-07-2006, 08:54 AM
that's it, im back on the game after a 6 month sabatical... oh no!!

PauL
11-07-2006, 09:03 PM
lol I just unsubscribed on Saturday. I hit level 40, got my mount, and just got bored of the game. Was taking to much time to level. Hopefully I will get bored sometime and start playing again.

Omega
11-08-2006, 01:02 AM
I stopped playing WoW after level 17 for 8 months then cracked and i've hit level 50 since =D

EDIT: and no, you can't have my account, i'm still using it.

Zephik
11-08-2006, 01:51 AM
Man... I really want to play this game! But I hate paying for the game AND then also paying for the monthly fee's...

Right now I am playing Silkroad Online... and it's not much fun to be honest. Killing monsters gets kind of REALLY old after awhile...

Thats why I like runescape, the gameplay is great because it has so much diversity! But I've already beaten most of the paid account stuff and all of the free account so there really isn't much left to do since I don't want to pay the five bucks a month. (yeah, thats how poor I am right now lol)

Does anyone know of a great game that combines decent graphics with great game play that is free?? I know its a long shot and nothing will compare to a paid game... but I need something to do lol

-SF

PauL
11-08-2006, 02:18 AM
Guild Wars A one time fee of $50 I personally don't really like the game, but I really didnt get into it. But my brother played for about 2 years quite often. He acually just sold his account yesterday on eBay becaused he played the game for so long and beat the game many times. Made $80 off it.

Vertigo
11-08-2006, 11:58 AM
Oddly enough, as soon as I finished my gaming PC yesterday ... I decided to quit wow LOL. I'm going to be taking a break till the expansion comes out, then we'll see. Maybe I'll sell my Warlock profile link (http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?1271993) I dunno yet, what you guys think? Worth it to sell?

jami31991
11-14-2006, 03:23 PM
hey, could someone send me a ten day trial link. WILL BE UPGRADING THE FOLLOWING 2 DAYS LATER.

jamiechampion@hotmail.com
WILL DEFINATELY 100% UPGRADE WITHIN 2-3 DAYS!!! MB

jami31991
11-14-2006, 03:24 PM
PLZ SEND ME A KEY. WILL UPGRADE TO FULL ACOUNT WITHIN 4 DAYS!!!!

ajmilton
11-14-2006, 04:07 PM
woah there cowboy

first, you should wait more than 1 minute for a reply

second, you're convincing a lot of people with "definitely" "100%" "2 days later" "2-3 days" "4 days"

oh yeah, and easy on the caps. and the first email address was sufficient.

Zephik
11-14-2006, 04:35 PM
Does anyone still have a key for the World of Warcraft 10 day trial? If you do, may I have it? If so, You can send it to me via email. My address is MitaPi72@gmail.com

Ha, thats how you should of done it ;)

-SF

ajmilton
11-14-2006, 05:26 PM
or really any other way that doesnt come off sounding like one of those dorks who try to sell me gold.
doesn't have to be perfectly grammatically correct, but those posts sounded like spam :p

Zephik
11-14-2006, 05:32 PM
lol pretty much

I bought 2 mil gold on runescape once... it was awesome lol I think it was like 15 bucks or something... Yeah, I'm a geek. ^^

-SF

simon275
11-14-2006, 07:58 PM
lol pretty much

I bought 2 mil gold on runescape once... it was awesome lol I think it was like 15 bucks or something... Yeah, I'm a geek. ^^

-SF

Omgosh you bought gold that just encourages the gold farmers shame on you.

richmandudeus
11-19-2006, 11:01 PM
It's been so long since i've posted on these forums and this is the one i come back to... the gaming one and not the modding ones lol. Anyways... VERTIGO... Damn bro that profile is sick. wtb 1x[Vertigo's character]. I have a 60 lock and 60 rogue on mug'thol. I do most of the work with my lock cause they are badass and rock all. Seriously though... i am curious how much you would sell your character for (just character, not account). Prolly to rich for my blood...

"WoW consumes all lives... get out now while you're still a noob people!!!"

ajmilton
11-20-2006, 01:10 PM
er
characters are associated with accounts. don't believe you can sell a character without the account
also, blizzard offically dislikes people selling anything game-related, quite against their TOS :P

Vertigo
11-20-2006, 04:41 PM
Eh, dunno Rich. A few hundred probably. If I sold him, it would be the account. There's a few alts on there, but they're all "Imabankyo" "Imapotbankyo" etc. Yeah, I made a guy just to hold Greater Fire, Frost and Nature Protection Potions LOL.

richmandudeus
11-23-2006, 11:42 PM
er
characters are associated with accounts. don't believe you can sell a character without the account
also, blizzard offically dislikes people selling anything game-related, quite against their TOS :P

Matter of fact you can transfer just a character to another account. You have to pay on the character transfer page i think, 25 bucks... not sure though but verry possible.

hogan
11-24-2006, 04:14 AM
if anyone is or korgath server hit me up. . . aka Spacemonkey

60 warr decked out in ter2 and 2.5

wow has stole my life

ajmilton
11-27-2006, 01:30 PM
Matter of fact you can transfer just a character to another account. You have to pay on the character transfer page i think, 25 bucks... not sure though but verry possible.

oh. well, that's newish then :p don't recall that when i started up, but they made paid char transfer between servers an option these days too.

The Great Destroyer
12-13-2006, 07:06 PM
guess i'll add my name to the list. i still have 5 trial accounts left. just PM me.

Xanthar on Onyxia (lv. 16 troll rogue)

Morlock on Gul'dan (lv. 25 gnome warlock)

and im usually on my rogue every night about 2-5 PM EST (5-11PM GMT)

klingelton
12-22-2006, 07:41 AM
i got 2 chars, one lvl 42 hunter on agamaggan. he's well hard!
the other i played for ages until i couldn't be bothered to play any more. he's lvl 42 warrior, but it turns out that warriors are a boring char to play.

im quite chuffed with my hunter, took him to zul farrak yesterday and did ok considering im a few levels short. uldaman tonight, lets see what drops i can get in there!

Zephik
12-25-2006, 06:28 AM
I have a question about the World of Warcraft 10 day free trial. Is it 10 day's once you activate it or is it 10 days of gameplay?

-SnowFire

Durrthock
12-25-2006, 08:24 AM
activate it
I don't think its worth is wow is really repetitive and way over rated

Zephik
12-25-2006, 09:30 AM
Well, I'll decide for myself about WoW. If Runescape was one of my favorite games that I played for years, then I am sure WoW will be at least equal to that if not better?

I do not want to activate the Trial Period just yet. Actually it wouldn't do me any good to do so at the moment. This machine belongs to my father and cannot run "full screen" games, but mine can. Unfortunately my machine is not up and running at the moment due to a lack of power supply, graphic card, and processor heatsink. So there is the reason why I ask if it is a 10 day trial once activated or if it is a 10 day trial in gameplay. It would be pointless to activate it now if by the time I got my machine up and running it would be over.

Anyways, does anyone know?

-SnowFire

Vertigo
12-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Yeah, it runs out 10 days after you activate it. Same with the free month, or any of the subscription plans from Blizz. And they end on the dot. You activate at 3 PM, it runs out at 3 PM lol. I found that out the hard way at a raid months ago.

Zephik
12-27-2006, 02:04 AM
That is pretty funny. I can't play WarRock on low but I can play WoW on whatever setting it has decided for my computer? It didn't freeze up once when I was playing it. Does anyone know why that is?

WoW is pretty fun so far in the 2 hours that I have played it, it just seems like a better version of what I usually get bored of in a month. What is there to look forward to as I start advancing levels and exploring more? Is the whole game just beat em up, bash em up? I thought there was more to it than that?

-SnowFire

simon275
12-27-2006, 02:36 AM
There are amazing places to explore cool quests with decent story lines. Instances (dungeons) filled with loot and monsters. There are quiet a lot of quests though go kill 20 so and sos and report back to me but it is fun.

Sometimes I think about wow and I go shouldn't it be boring killing hundereds of creatures. Nah I will just play 10 mins more and that turns into an hour.

Snow you check my post about optimizing WarRock?

Zephik
12-27-2006, 03:52 AM
Is there anything like what Runescape has? Like mining, fishing, blah blah blah?

Nope, didnt see it? link?

-SnowFire

PauL
12-27-2006, 06:10 AM
You can choose to have 2 professions: Mining, Skinning, Tailoring, Leather Working, Enchanting, and Herbalism. Then you can have to seconday professions like fishing, first aid, cooking and a few more. Never played Runscape and never will so I can't compare :)

simon275
12-27-2006, 07:06 AM
You can learn how to make your stuff and get recpies off drops from monsters and learn how to make some cool stuff.

Vertigo
12-27-2006, 12:48 PM
Skinning is a good way to make money, I take it everytime I make a new character. It really helps with getting money for mounts, etc. Also, it's important to note Jewelcrafting will be coming out in a couple of weeks with TBC. So, be sure to save all of those gems you find in chests or mining (if you have the profession)

Zephik
12-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Wow, that is cool! This game is alot better than... well every other mmorpg. It was getting a bit boring with killing monsters and doing quests, so this is great news. That also cleared up the skinning option which I have never been able to do with dead animals.

Which profession pays the best?

DaveW
12-27-2006, 01:54 PM
According to my brother, Enchanting pays the best eventually.

-Dave

Zephik
12-27-2006, 02:03 PM
haha, it's just like runescape then! Especially that "eventually" part for enchanting. ><

But it does EVENTUALLY pay off in both what you can enchant for yourself and what you can sell that you enchanted. I'm not entirely sure if I want to spend that much time leveling up my enchanting though. lol That is hard work!

Is there a quicker/easier way to get money fast? Maybe one that also benefits me in more than one way too?

oh no... I'm becoming addicted! Next thing you know, I'll be 320 pounds with massive acne and wearing my "I'm addicted to WarCrack" T-Shirt while eating Taco Bell because I won't be able to afford anything other than the monthly WoW fee. lol

-SnowFire

Vertigo
12-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Honestly, while you're levelling up and grinding, you can't go wrong with the gathering professions. Grab a skinning knife, train Skinning + another skill (Herbalism or Mining if you just want to gather) and go to work. While you're killing, look for beasts that you can skin. And you will occasionally get some herbs on your mini map, or mineral deposits. Just kill your way to them, get the goods and keep going. It gives you an immediate goal, so you aren't just repetitively killing the same creatures in the same spot, over and over again. When your bags are full, go post some auctions. I recomend LootFilter and Auctioneer if you plan on going this route. LootFilter will automatically delete items you don't want, like those pesky animal fangs and claws that aren't worth anything. And Auctioneer will remember the bid and buyout you post for a particular item. It even calculates accurately for incomplete stacks. Say, you're charging 2g for a full stack of Rugged Leather, you put all your rugged in AH, and then have a half stack left over. It'll automatically put 1g up for the buyout for you, etc. Those 2 will save you a lot of time and help you get your money up while you level.

Zephik
12-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Does WoW have a bank type deal like in Runescape? Can I store items?

-SnowFire

DaveW
12-27-2006, 05:15 PM
Yes. There's one in Ironforge.

-Dave

simon275
12-28-2006, 12:28 AM
Every major city has a bank. Also some netural towns run by goblins have banks like Ratchet and Booty Bay.

Zephik
12-28-2006, 01:33 AM
Oh okay, well I am a Dark Elf and I am on that island way up to the tippedy top northwest? What is the nearest bank?

@Dave: I like the new sig man, it looks really good! It just screams "click me". lol

oooh and I just noticed we have more backgrounds now! YEA! Man do we have some artists or what?

-SnowFire

simon275
12-28-2006, 03:28 AM
Go the far left hand side of the island

Darnassus there is a bank there I think.

Vertigo
12-28-2006, 04:49 AM
Talk to a guard, click any of them and they will give you directions to anywhere in the city. Pick a location and a red flag will appear on your map showing the location.

Zephik
12-29-2006, 11:21 AM
How much gold do you guys have? I thought 15 silver was alot until I saw the price for a companion pet or whatever you call them. Psh, 20 gold!? I can't even make one gold! lol

I am going to purchase this game for at least another month for sure! It's alot of fun! I'm sure once I get past level 20 the game will really take off. ^^

-SnowFire

DaveW
12-29-2006, 03:59 PM
I like the new sig man, it looks really good! It just screams "click me". lol

Thanks man! I can't remember who did the pencil sig, ESX did the little desktop button thingy. I suck ass at Photoshop, so i ask people from the boards to do this stuff for me. :)

-Dave

PauL
12-29-2006, 10:49 PM
How much gold do you guys have? I thought 15 silver was alot until I saw the price for a companion pet or whatever you call them. Psh, 20 gold!? I can't even make one gold! lol

I am going to purchase this game for at least another month for sure! It's alot of fun! I'm sure once I get past level 20 the game will really take off. ^^

-SnowFire
I am lvl 49 and have 136 gold. A good way to make gold that I found was to be a skinner and sell Thick, Heavy, and Rugged Leather in the Auction House. A stack (20 Pieces) can go for 1+ gold. If you plan to keep playing save as much up as you can beacuse at level 40 you can get a mount which is going to cost at least 100 gold depending if you honored or not with the town you buy from. 10 gold for the Mount and 90 or so for the training.

Vertigo
12-29-2006, 11:10 PM
Or be a Warlock and profit even more :P

Anyhow, my lock generally runs around with about 500-1K at 60th. I had more on a bank alt, but he got banned in November for being "suspected" of being a gold seller, ie I had 5K+ gold and items on him.

The best way to make cash while you're levelling is to make a second character and park him near an Auction House, now using the character you're levelling up. Just run him to a mailbox when you're full, and send all the Leather, Herbs, Ore, Greens, Blues, etc to the mule or mules to sell. Another tip, if you have multiple mules and you're selling a TON of stuff. Spread it out, don't sell 20-30 stacks of Rugged Leather from one guy in AH, it has a negative effect on the market and your profits.

I made a Horde Lock today, Orc named Horaxe he's level 15 and has 2g so far, but I haven't checked the mailbox in a few hours.

simon275
12-30-2006, 01:38 AM
Lvl 50 Hunter - 362g

Zephik
12-30-2006, 06:35 AM
Holy death... I hate you all. The word WarCrack has a whole new meaning to me now.

<now accepting donations of any kind> Daddy needs a shiny penny and a new pair of shoes. haha ;)

How much is the monthly fee again? Isn't it like $12.99 or something?

One more thing, where is the best place to do alot of skinning for a level 11 player? Right now I am just killing those bear things at Dark Shore. Which isn't that easy for me just yet to be honest. lol oh man, that has to sound so very sad... I'm getting my butt whooped by a couple low level bears. lol

-SnowFire

Zephik
12-30-2006, 02:02 PM
On another note, I have 60 silver! WOOT!

I want a pet, what should I get?

I'm level 13 and I have 60 silver. lol Please don't tell me the only thing there is for me is the owl...

-Aeldemir

Vertigo
12-30-2006, 04:52 PM
If you're playing a Hunter, this should help.

http://petopia.brashendeavors.net/

I would suggest going after the black and white tigers, these guys hit pretty fast and have well rounded stats and abilities. I'm also fond of boars, they're also well rounded pets.

Zephik
12-30-2006, 06:14 PM
How do you get a Hunter Pet? I was thinking about a bear for now, seems like a good starter pet for me. Where do I get one? How?

I'm at Darkshore right now, which means plenty of thistle bears. But how do you get one? Can you or do you buy one or what?

-Aeldemir

Vertigo
12-30-2006, 08:40 PM
It's a Hunter ability you get from a quest:
http://www.thottbot.com/?qu=6073

You have to complete that chain of quests, afterward you will be able to tame a wild animal, making it your pet. To rename the pet, just right click it's character portrait. The link I gave you before has a lot of information on Hunter pets, including pet abilities and stats, and also some strategies for taming rare and particularly dangerous beasts.

simon275
12-30-2006, 11:00 PM
Happy holidays from World of Warcraft

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2756/merryxmasfe9.jpg

Zephik
12-31-2006, 12:42 AM
Geeze, why are there so many servers maxed out. >< I've been waiting for 3 hours!

Vertigo
12-31-2006, 12:45 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/vertigo_038/holidaywishes.jpg

I still like my fiery steed better.

Zephik
12-31-2006, 10:10 AM
Haha, This is awesome! New years in WoW! I missed the damn firework show by ONE minute! lol oh well, I'll catch it again I'm sure.

So what is the news with all of this new years stuff? What do you guys know? Should I be doing something or what? Also, where can you see the firework shows? Anywhere on the hour?

Happy New Years! Lets get tipsy! hehe

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h237/MitaPi/PartyTime.jpg

Should I be saving these for any reason?

Zephik
01-03-2007, 08:15 PM
If you buy the game from a store, do you get a 30 days free? I was looking at the online upgrade and it said it was 20 bucks but I get 30 days free and then I will be charged the monthly payment...

also, WHY can't I play WarRock on the absolutely lowest of low settings but I can play WoW just fine. How does that make sense??

Vertigo
01-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Yeah, you get a a 10 day trial, 30 days prepaid with your purchase in a store or online. Prices vary, but what I've seen lately most stores are selling the base game at around $20, largely I assume because the expansion will be shipped on the 16th.

As for your playing one game or another, there were similar issues back in the hey day of EverQuest, especially with the release of Shadows of Luclin. Basically, one day Windows 95 users were running the game fine, the next they couldn't do anything. Why? Because the patch changed the way the game worked on a fundemental level. Their rendering engine, etc changed. And the new one didn't support 95 and had some other issues.

So that's probably the issue, WarRock I haven't messed with. But based on my experience, I would say it's probably an issue with the engine the game is built on not jiving with your system or operating system. Whereas WoW, despite it's minimum requirements, will actually run on even lesser systems (like my old Dell Laptop, or my wife's eMachines desktop) won't run as good as my desktop by any stretch, but with settings cranked down, it'll function.

Zephik
01-04-2007, 12:17 AM
+1rep for Blizzard then. Dangit, I love the game but I just don't have any money to spend right now. ><

I just got a kitty cat too! grr! lol

I think I'll buy a new heatsink for my computer before I buy something video game related. At least then I would have my rig back. ...actually, if I did that I would be able to play WarRock again! HAHA!

The Great Destroyer
01-04-2007, 10:47 AM
man, i want to play, but im one of those level ranges where its a PITA to level/quest. my 25 troll rogue is fun, but its really hard to do battlegrounds with it because almost everyone on alliance is a twinked out lv 27-29, and all the thousand needles quests are too hard to do by myself, so i have to wait for one of my friends to get on, and everyone that i talk to on TS is already 40+ because they know how to powerlevel and are too busy to help. my subscription runs out later this month, so i dont know if i should activate the game card that i bought, or if i should just wait a while until i get bored with BF2142 and then reactivate my account.

DarthSpawn13
07-30-2007, 05:00 PM
If anyone needs a free 10 day trail of World of Warcraft, then email me at DarthSpawn13@hotmail.com and I will send you the key.

If you are starting World of Warcraft for the first time, it is better to get the trial and level up to 20 before starting your paid subscription. Plus you usually get a free month when you buy the game. Just make sure that you are adding onto the existing trial account and not creating a new one.

Thanks!

Quakken
08-04-2007, 10:51 PM
The thing about WoW is that the PvP aspect, which many non-hardcore WoWers play FOR, is actually pretty lame.

It was tacked on after the game came out, and you know it. The thing is, is that it could of been so good. So... mighty. So awesome. They were planning on take-overable zones, destroyable cities and the works. Then they were worried that one faction would take over. Wussies.

But whatever. It's a fun game, but levelling got far too tedious for me around level 48. Actually, exactly at level 48. Twice. There was this hump there, and the game started to be a terribly boring and really repetative grind. Then i realized that there was no reason to get to 70, to kill everything, to get decked out and everything because the pvp would also get to be exactly the same after a while and there was no way i played enough to do the same instance over and over and over and over for my sets of armor that would just be useless in the next patch, when the bigger and better stuff comes in.

No, no. WoW was not my game. I wasted a year of my life on that game...

So right now i am waiting for WARHAMMER ONLINE (google it) with SERIOUS PVP ACTION, and am playing on a private server from time to time. wow for free is a beautiful thing, but you didn't hear it from me.

So I liked it, realized it was useless, then quit. Now i wait for the "next big thing"

DarthSpawn13
08-06-2007, 07:57 PM
World of Warcraft Keys useable before September 1, 2007:

WWDNPM-2VG9-G7KG6W-PYXW-FMCD8E
6VVZRG-EFPD-THPEMN-GWWC-JJ4BRE
ZY86XH-KR2M-D9JTPN-8PVK-ECXVMK
YZGBVE-7TRK-JPXZ9H-B88J-ZVWMCG
TTCCFF-TVHH-ZEPT7H-T2TH-KJXEPR

xRyokenx
08-06-2007, 09:48 PM
If anyone cares, I'm on the Greymane server on the Horde, names are Krughh and Ryoken, if you're interested. It is a great game though, don't get caught up with levelling and crap, just play to have fun.