PDA

View Full Version : Malware on TBCS?

Konrad
11-26-2016, 05:58 PM
TBCS forum homepage (http://www.thebestcasescenario.com)

Symantec detects Trojan.Malscript!html (Severe threat) and denies all access to the site
Avast Free Antivirus warns that HTML:RedirME-inf[Trj] and reloads the site in Avast SafeZone Browser
Kaspersky reports Exploit: HTML/IframeRef.Q was Successfully Blocked

Three computers (Win7x64, Win8.1, Arch) with several browsers (all have Chrome, one IExplorer, one TOR-Firefox). All clean, updated, and secured (and, in fact, isolated from each other). I've tried clearing histories, caches, etc. But these web malware warnings keep persisting. On TBCS (and, ahem, a pirate bay) and nowhere else.

Is this TBCS site hacked or infected?

Airbozo
11-28-2016, 03:40 PM
I do not see any warnings from our site from any of those programs, but I do know there are crash related issues going on.

Is it time to revamp the site and harden the security?

If there is anything I can help with let me know.

OvRiDe
12-01-2016, 10:26 AM
Is anyone else experiencing similar issues. I am unable to recreate it here as well.

Curtis

TheMainMan
12-07-2016, 01:36 PM
No issues with Firefox 49.0.2 and McAfee 8.8.0 for me. That being said, it is McAfee so take it with a grain of salt.

Konrad
01-15-2017, 04:27 PM
Still getting big beep beep "Threat Has Been Detected!" warnings from Avast here.

I'm thinking perhaps it has nothing to do with the site content - it's probably about the site being Avast-blacklisted, Avast seems to believe this site was infected before, and all the offline/downtime probably didn't help. Reporting false positives hasn't helped. On multiple machines.

(I recall a few times I attempted to visit TBCS and, because the site was down, was sent to the usual sites offering to sell me the domain name, lol.)

This screenshot from a coworker's laptop (which I haven't otherwise touched in any way, so doubtful it's something caused by "my" quirks and configurations.)
https://i.imgsafe.org/c015092461.png

Airbozo
01-17-2017, 11:03 AM
I access this site from about 5 different computers and have never seen any warnings from avast or other programs. I do not run McAfee, so can't help with that one.

TLHarrell
01-21-2017, 08:50 PM
Just came in here to see what was up and I get no warnings either. I'm running Avast.

Konrad
01-22-2017, 09:21 PM
I don't get it. My Symantec and Kaspersky machines (now) seem happy with this site. My Avast machine does not. Nor does my coworker's Avast machine. Could it be a regional thing?

TLHarrell
01-23-2017, 12:09 AM
Could be a rogue ad on the network? I've been in several times this week and see nothing to worry about.