PDA

View Full Version : What would you rate this SLI Mobo??

MitaPi
07-28-2006, 10:33 PM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813135225

Slug Toy
07-29-2006, 12:44 AM
my first reaction to a $78 motherboard is "what is this crap". ive never dealt with ECS products before, but my gut feeling about multi GPU motherboards is that if they arent more than about $175, they might not be too good. having said that though, the layout seems good... even with dual slot video cards, you can still have a pci-e 1x and two pci slots to use... and thats the main thing i look at besides price.

in the budget arena... ECS may be a good choice. they seem to have a good reputation. only one way to find out for sure... buy it.

MitaPi
07-29-2006, 01:19 AM
Yea... even if it turns out to be crap. well.. it was less than 100 so no biggie. But looking at their reputation and looking at other websites that give professional reviews and that actually test the products and not just say it looks neato.. and most of them gave it a 4 our of 5 star.. which beats my motherboard clear out of the water! lol whoo hoo.. go dell... lol

Luke122
08-17-2006, 10:55 AM
I've had TERRIBLE luck in the past with ECS mobos.. the last one I bought was during the P3 era, and it lasted less than a week.

When attempting to warranty it, I was told that it was my fault, and I must have done something wrong. :mad:

How ironic that the next guy in line behind me was trying to exchange the same board for the same reason..

At any rate, I'd be awfully cautious bout ECS hardware.. just my 0.02

public_eyesore
08-17-2006, 12:55 PM
^^^ i agree, dont buy ecs. They are trying to become respectable, but they still really suck and use really cheap parts.

dgrmkrp
08-17-2006, 01:17 PM
there are 2 main issues except from chips used: voltage regulators and capacitor quality.. from looking at the parts on the cpu vr side... i can't see that much.. it looks like a 4-phase circuitry, but after looking for some pics online.. it's just a 3.. this is not bad if u run on stock or small ghz, but not good for power hungry devices/situations. caps are not specified (or i haven't looked hard enough).. and if they are of low quality, there will be biiiig problems down the road: crashes, resets.. smoke?

also, it has only 2x x8 for gfx.. but all in all it's a good card.. on par with most 955 platforms.. or so i've heard.. :) if u want to buy it.. go ahead.. but this is for a budget pc looking for some performance.. plus, it doesn't have enough fan headers for my book :D

EPYK
08-17-2006, 09:23 PM
here you go dude...
a better board from a more reliable company
and for only 1$ more
gigabyte (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128316)

chedabob
08-20-2006, 04:58 PM
i got an ECS board, never had any troubles. well except the sound drives off windoze update suck and make my pc BSOD. mines got onboard sound, thats it. i hate onboard stuff, but i make an exception for sound and possibly lan. NEVER EVER VIDEO. id rather die than have onboard video.