PDA

View Full Version : Soda Case Mod

Brydagr8
07-29-2006, 05:42 AM
Hey guys, do you know tose flats that 20oz plastic soda bottles come in? I have a couple laying around and I have decided to mod them into a case. Do you guys think this is a cool sounding mod? I will post a pic later. Thanks

GT40_GearHead
07-30-2006, 06:58 PM
post some pics(i have no idea of what you are talking about)

Silenced_Coyote
07-30-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm not sure what you mean either so I did a Google search and found 2 pictures. Is this what you mean?

Not sure what they are made of but I am guess wood? It was on an auction site and they look really old so I assume the soda boxes weren't "advanced".
http://photos.liveauctioneers.com/houses/montroseauction/9135/2004_1_md.jpg

The I found this which I hope is what you are talking about. So you want to use plastic soda containers?
http://www.savesurge.org/surge/ericvault/5.jpg

Brydagr8
07-30-2006, 10:20 PM
Yeah! they are plastic just like those ones in the second picture.

MitaPi
07-31-2006, 12:34 AM
Well, I cant quite picture your mod here... maybe if you drew up some sketchup pictures? Or if you havent learned it yet do what I did.. MSPaint. ^_^ Or at least give a better description of what you are wanting to do here...

qoou
07-31-2006, 10:21 AM
those trays. if he puts one over another. thats what he means.

Brydagr8
07-31-2006, 11:44 AM
those trays. if he puts one over another. thats what he means.
Exactly! But thats as far as I have gotten. Any Ideas?

qoou
07-31-2006, 12:05 PM
you could use that as a frame and build around those with some plexi maybe??

Brydagr8
07-31-2006, 12:22 PM
That yould be pretty cool, and etch cocacola in the plexi, the only problem is getting everything to fit inside the flat.

Silenced_Coyote
07-31-2006, 12:48 PM
It is very possible.

Here is a 2 inche cube computer running Linux:
http://www.techepics.com/files/smallest_computer.jpg

It just depends on what you are planning to put in it.

I'm not sure about the dimensions but once put together, would it be almost the size of those SFF cases, or those multimedia cases?

isunktheship
07-31-2006, 04:48 PM
Here is a 2 inche cube computer running Linux:
http://www.techepics.com/files/smallest_computer.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.metku.net/mods/whiskypc/16_Working3.jpg

I've seen those pepsi crates before, they're a good size. You might have to move some things around, but you'll get it!

Brydagr8
07-31-2006, 06:15 PM
:I've seen those pepsi crates before, they're a good size. You might have to move some things around, but you'll get it!
That brings up a good question. Shoud it be Pepsi or Coke themed? I have coke crates, but it wouldent be too hard to get a pepsi one.

GT40_GearHead
08-01-2006, 03:56 AM
i say Coke, Pepsi sucks, it aint got no taste

MitaPi
08-01-2006, 05:24 AM
Coke, Pepsi... they both taste horrible! lol GO WITH DR PEPPER MAN! WHoo! lol

I want to see someone build a computer case completey out of bottle caps! lol that would be cool no?

I see what you are going for now. (I think). I would just take those two racks and keep the outer bottles of soda pop and take out the center ones. Then start plexing away. lol That probably offered you no help. But at least I am starting to understand what your going for. So.. at that point. GO FOR IT! Just sit down and start drawing. Thats what I always do and I usualy end up with some pretty neato ideas. Hopefully I said something in this reply that was useful.. lol

Brydagr8
08-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Coke, Pepsi... they both taste horrible! lol GO WITH DR PEPPER MAN! WHoo! lol
Haha, I totally forgot about Dr. Pepper. That makes more sense because, I'm not a big fan of either Coke or Pepsi but I LOVE Dr. Pepper. The only problem with that it I dont have a Dr. Pepper Case. Just a Coke one. It would pretty hard to find a Dr. Pepper one. I will have to look around for one, or paint one of the ones I allready have. Thanks for the Dr. Pepper Idea MetaPi!

isunktheship
08-01-2006, 06:40 PM
23 flavors ftw! or 25 if its cherry vanilla...:rolleyes:

Silenced_Coyote
08-01-2006, 08:12 PM
I think you should paint it and see how it looks. Do that as while you are looking for a Dr. Pepper case. Then you can compare between the two and see which one you like better.

MitaPi
08-02-2006, 01:23 AM
Give it some kind of awesome dr. pepper paint job. That would be cool and alot easier than trying to track one down. or at least I think it would.. lol im not sure tho... never tried it myself.

-MitaPi

Brydagr8
08-02-2006, 01:42 AM
Because I highly doubt Im going to find a Dr. Pepper crate, I'm just going to probably paint the one I have. Hows this for a color shceme? A gradient from light red to dark red. Any tips on painting plastic? Also, I should be putting this on the work logs now, huh?

MitaPi
08-03-2006, 04:18 AM
Not sure about the paint.. I dont know anything about painting. I am good with pottery and glazing tho lol. If you are going to do it then yea.. I would put it on the project worklogs section. After all.. It IS a project! :)

Weezer
08-13-2006, 03:22 AM
You should put a bottle cap as the power switch, nice easy touch. And if you could get water cooling and get a Dr. Pepperish looking coolant. Just a few ideas.

b4i7
08-13-2006, 12:24 PM
I want to see someone build a computer case completey out of bottle caps! lol that would be cool no?

gettin a little close on a idea i have thats gonna be a coming soon project

Brydagr8
08-13-2006, 10:01 PM
You should put a bottle cap as the power switch, nice easy touch. And if you could get water cooling and get a Dr. Pepperish looking coolant. Just a few ideas.
Yeah Ive thought about both of those. Sadly, the parts Im using dont need water cooling. (its a server with a 2.2ghz celeron) But the idea about the bottle cap looks very promising.

Silenced_Coyote
08-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Why is not going water cooling sad? I mean, you do save a good amount of money by not water cooling.

Brydagr8
08-15-2006, 12:40 AM
Why is not going water cooling sad? I mean, you do save a good amount of money by not water cooling.
You are right, only water cooling looks totaly rad. I will start a worklog when i have time, shool is starting and I have other responsibilities to tend to.