PDA

View Full Version : window material

davy02
04-18-2005, 12:11 PM
hey guys. im new to the modding scene. i just got a new antec case and its kinda boring but it has some nice things i like about it. i was thinking about adding a window to the side panel and maybe to the top and add some fans. what material do you use for the side panels and where do you typically find it. I've been looking on the internet and see these window kits and they all come with a molded edge. i dont like the look of that idea. i see on some of the other cases ive seen they use screws and nuts. where can you find those and what would they be called.
Or maybe someone knows what im talking about and has seen a kit that i can buy thats semi decent looking.

Thanks for the help

Frakk
04-18-2005, 12:27 PM
you need a sheet of plexi and some screws from ure local hardware store. check around for the right thickness and the screws you want ( you can use any kind as long as it holds the plexi in place)

Rachel
04-18-2005, 01:33 PM
You don't need a kit to get a window. Like Frakk said you just need a sheet of plexi and screws. Oh, and a dremel to cut out the hole.

davy02
04-18-2005, 02:41 PM
i see these cool lookin nuts that look like rivets on the outside of some cases and the screw goes on the inside of the panel and the nut is on the outside. do you know where i can find these or what they are called so i can look to find them.

thanks

Frakk
04-18-2005, 02:46 PM
just go to ure local hardware store and go nuts in the bolts section.

davy02
04-18-2005, 02:48 PM
ok. sounds like a plan. thanks for the help. hopefully it will look great.

lorddarkwolf
05-15-2005, 02:50 PM
One thing I use to attach plexi to case side is good old-fashioned double-sided tape.

I use duck brand clear heavy duty

Zeus
05-15-2005, 06:48 PM
check out my initial mods on my modded aria in the worklog section. For the side blowholes I used Acorn nuts. I have also seen at hardware stores other decorative nuts of the same type. That may be something to look into

cygnus_x_1
05-15-2005, 07:03 PM
the hardware store is your best freind...plumbing section when you start water cooling ;)