PDA

View Full Version : a chill for the cooling community

EPYK
08-02-2006, 04:05 PM
i was thinking about setting up a water cooling system but house the res. and a couple radiators inside a mini fridge..... let me know what you guys think

sirkillalot617
08-02-2006, 05:48 PM
what cool it using the fridge would be cool if you manged to do it

m4gnum
08-02-2006, 05:56 PM
There is a huge amount of details on this sort of project on the net. The main problem people have is because once a normal fridge is cold it only has to switch on the pump occasionally to keep it cool. If you have a constant source of heat in a fridge, it has to run constantly to maintain the temperature. You also have to avoid condensation and make the entry holes to and from the radiator carefully.

That's not to say it isn't possible though.

MitaPi
08-03-2006, 01:06 AM
I would say do your research like mad and if you think you can handle this type of project and know that it could possibly not work... go for it. It would be pretty cool to see if it did work. Maybe there is a way to keep it cooler longer so it isnt on constantly. Maybe put fans on the fridge or something? I know you can get 110 CFM fans.. which if you know anything about fans that is alot of air movement (loud tho). But you dont want to blow warm air into the fridge... so that idea might not work unless you can figure out how to blow in cold air. Maybe somehow you can get the stuff that emits the most heat to emit it outside of the fridge? idk.. just thowing out idea's! Even if they all suck.. they might help give you an idea of what to do or something.