PDA

View Full Version : Wi-Fi router mod...

Short Modder
08-08-2006, 02:29 AM
The Story:
Last week, I was at my Dad's work place and was going through a stack of magazines and on the cover of one (whose name I forgot) was a pic of a Die (like the gambling kind) with the two wi-fi antennae coming out of the impregnated holes indicating the numbers. First thing I thought was, "that'd be an awesome mod!"

The design:
The router/wi-fi hub components would be housed in a big hollow die with the antenna coming out each side where the number holes are. the cables and power would be on the back, out of sight. I'll post a "sketch-up" later. Just my two cents and an idea...

Cevinzol
08-08-2006, 04:06 AM
coming out of the impregnated holes
Impregnated?
Sounds like a Freudian Slip to me.

Short Modder
08-08-2006, 04:14 AM
It means the hole indicating the numbers...

Aero
08-08-2006, 10:04 AM
hmm, sounds cool. You can put a router almost anywhere because they are so small. Never thought of a die though.

crazybillybob
08-08-2006, 01:20 PM
You could even put a SFF PC (like a shuttle) in there. The DIe would be easy to make out of some 6mm White Sintra ( also called Komex...Just expanded Core PVC Board). The Indented (not impregenated) numbers could be easily ground out with the dremel. You could pound this out in less then a month if you had all the parts on hand. Nice Idea, It would be a cool mod!

CrazyBillyBob

EPYK
08-08-2006, 05:41 PM
why not make a large insect and put the router in its head

simon275
08-09-2006, 12:25 AM
I saw one that was a teddy bear that had four lan ports down its back and a wirless route insider. Kind of remindeed me of the matrix how they have those ports down there backs.

(200 posts =D)