PDA

View Full Version : Coolermaster Centurion 5 Mods?

Kyle-Bot
08-08-2006, 03:29 PM
I've had my Centurion for a while, and absolutely love it. Nothing more cost-effective in my opinion. Anyway, I'm building a computer for a friend of mine who is a musician, and he's interested in a mod that comes across as "simple and strong". I am planning on somehow putting the word "Stillwater" on the acrylic sidepanel, as he requested it, and my first thought was frosted.

I've seen people suggest sanding, wet sanding, and using Krylon Frosted Glass Spray. Which will scatter the light inside the best? And any other thoughts for modding the case, and putting text on it in other ways?

EPYK
08-08-2006, 05:38 PM
i would saw dry sand the back-side and wet-sand the front...
also a little idea ive been playing around with is using two sheets of plexi..
one frosted the other painted with uv or GLOW paint.
the painted plexi would be set back behind the frosted and would have uv or white leds feeding it....
it gives a cool effect... lighted ring that slowly darkens to the center... this coupled with a cutout of the word "stillwater" would make a crazy window

Kyle-Bot
08-10-2006, 10:42 AM
That's way too complicated. I'm looking for something simple, yet elegant. Probably the sanding or the Krylon. but I'm definitely going to light the sidepanel with LEDs, no doubt about it.

YourMothersAnAstronaut
08-11-2006, 11:12 AM
You might check out what Defyant's done with his windows. Frosting it with a sand/wet sanding, then lighting it with LEDs. Amazing work.

b4i7
08-11-2006, 02:08 PM
i would saw dry sand the back-side and wet-sand the front...
also a little idea ive been playing around with is using two sheets of plexi..
one frosted the other painted with uv or GLOW paint.
the painted plexi would be set back behind the frosted and would have uv or white leds feeding it....
it gives a cool effect... lighted ring that slowly darkens to the center... this coupled with a cutout of the word "stillwater" would make a crazy window

uh oh...youve given me an idea....*goes to mod*

hehe