PDA

View Full Version : Oc Gpu??

MitaPi
08-10-2006, 06:46 PM
How do you overclock a GPU? Or can you??

AKA_RA
08-10-2006, 06:49 PM
yes, you can. but first, find out what card you have

MitaPi
08-10-2006, 07:37 PM
I have a Geforce 7600GS 512MB (SLI Ready).

Edit:
Water cooled

simon275
08-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Oh here's what you can do.

You will need either riva tuner or just use the nvidia drivers. What you do is you go in and let it either oc it for you and then test in 3dmark for bad things.

Or can just tweak the GPU and GPU RAM frequencies up a little bit at a time. Every time you tweak it up open 3d mark and stress the hell out of it and watch for any artifacitng or other weird stuff happening. Also keep and eye out on the temps. Then if you have tweaked it up a bit and all is well tweak it up a bit more. The moment you start getting problems imdediately end the 3dmark test and turn down the feruqencies to the last stable level.

NOTE: If you bugger up your card I take no responsibility for doing so this is completely at your own risk. Thanks.

qoou
08-10-2006, 10:46 PM
coolbits.

MitaPi
08-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Oh here's what you can do.

You will need either riva tuner or just use the nvidia drivers. What you do is you go in and let it either oc it for you and then test in 3dmark for bad things.

Or can just tweak the GPU and GPU RAM frequencies up a little bit at a time. Every time you tweak it up open 3d mark and stress the hell out of it and watch for any artifacitng or other weird stuff happening. Also keep and eye out on the temps. Then if you have tweaked it up a bit and all is well tweak it up a bit more. The moment you start getting problems imdediately end the 3dmark test and turn down the feruqencies to the last stable level.

NOTE: If you bugger up your card I take no responsibility for doing so this is completely at your own risk. Thanks.

I always love that last part when OC'ing is mentioned. I would never blame anyone other than myself. How could I? If I went and did what you just told me to do.. but you didnt tell me somethign that you forgot or that you were confused on (not saying you are btw). That is my fault for not doing more research. But in any case... lol I'm not the one who is going to do the over clocking I've decided. My friend has offered to do it for me. Apparently he thinks he is so good that he will even buy me a new graphics card or pay for half of the one that I had. I just have to pay him 50 bucks to oc it. :) Not to bad of a price if you ask me! That way I am not out 300 bucks if I screw up. The worst case scenario is that I have to fork up 150 bucks. So I just see that 50 bucks as insurance ^_^

Silenced_Coyote
08-10-2006, 11:57 PM
If he is so good at it, would it be so hard to do this tiny favor for a friend?

MitaPi
08-11-2006, 04:58 AM
Ha, well.. we arent really friends. More like... my best friends best friend.