PDA

View Full Version : Ran into a problem... creative fix?

MitaPi
08-14-2006, 12:30 PM
I knew I was going to have these kinds of problems eventually! I just didnt know it was going to be such an easy and critical one.

So lets put it this way and see who can spot the problem first? ^_^

Nzxt Lexa Computer Case - 4 x 5.25" and 2 x 3.5" External Bays (open)
TT M1 Aquabay - 2 x 5.25" External Bay (filled)
TT M2 Aquabay - 1 x 5.25" External Bay (filled)
TT M3 Aquabay - 1 x 5.25" External Bay (filled)

Well its pretty obvious huh? I am not going to say whats wrong either because there might be even more problems I am unaware about that someone might catch.

Happy Modding!!!
MitaPi

PS. I am sure glad I bought that dremel now! It just might actually come in handy ;)

MitaPi
08-14-2006, 03:37 PM
OKay I'll just say it. I'll catch the other problems later.

My case has FOUR 5.25 bays right? Here is the problem, My H20 Kit takes up all four bays! So now I have to either figure out how to make room... OR mount my CD Drive somewhere else?? If you look at the pictures of the nzxt lexa on the inside... I was thinking that I could maybe mount the CD Drive into the SIDE of the case where the HD's go???

EDIT:
Does anyone know where you can get 3.5 bay reservoirs?? That would totally solve my problem.. but I have to admit.. I kind of like the remounting the cd drive somewhere else idea....

Slug Toy
08-14-2006, 04:10 PM
im looking into this and talking to university people all at once. give me a while to think of something awesome.

dgrmkrp
08-14-2006, 04:36 PM
wait...
M3 needs 1 bay, M2 needs 2bays, M1 needs 2 bays in the inside...so u need 5 5,25 spaces in the case.. if unmodded, i would ditch the M2.. or you could use it in the blowhole :)

edit: why use m1 and m3? use just the m1.. use m2 in the blow hole, if there is room.. and put the cd where evr u want.. this way, u get 1 or 2 free 5,25 bays :D

edit2: why did i say the m2 need 2 bays?
because:

Fan Dimension 120 x 120 x 25 mm
Radiator Dimension 166x 122 x 35 mm

http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Liguid/Upgrade/cl-w0021/cl-w0021.asp

add these and u have 60mm>42mm, a bay's height :(

MitaPi
08-14-2006, 04:51 PM
Unless someone figures out where I could mount my cd drive I will probably just go with the dual 3.5 bay since those arent being used anyways.

Oh and about the M2 being a dual 5.25. It is with the fan on, which I do want to keep on so I am hoping I can some how retro fit it into the M1. If not then I will have to put it on the bottom so the fan some how can be fitted into the 3.5 bay. WHICH is where my res MIGHT be... lol

another thought... I could always cut out another 120mm hole on the side of my computer? either in the window side or the mobo side somewhere??

Slug Toy
08-14-2006, 05:32 PM
i think the most logical thing to do is use the two external 3.5" bays (slightly modified of course) to fit any optical drives... or that would allow you to shift all your thermaltake stuff down two slots, and keep the optical drives on top.

there are 5 internal 3.5" bays as well, and im sure you arent using 5 hard drives... so you can use the left over space there too.

who says any of this stuff has to be in a particular place anyways? isnt that the point of modding? put things where they shouldnt be, and if there isnt room, make some.

if you still have that lexa model in sketchup, see if you can mock some things up. start putting some shapes in the case that are about the size of the hardware you want in the real case. see what happens.

MitaPi
08-14-2006, 05:41 PM
I have decided to use the Danger Den Dual 3.5 Reservoir. I have thought up another idea that I am going to see if I can somehow work out into my case somewhere.

AKA_RA
08-14-2006, 07:15 PM
just mod a slim line laptop style cd/dvd-rom, theyre a little pricey, but they can fit nearly anywhere

Omega
08-14-2006, 09:45 PM
don't use that radiator then, lol

use that 80mm one i showed ya or even better, a Black Ice xtreme II (or whatnot) and find a place to mount it =p

EPYK
08-14-2006, 10:00 PM
they make a usb cd drive that flips up like the ps-one or the new ps2. just remove the usb adaptor and mod it to the side of the case or something...
i dont have a link or anything...sorry

MitaPi
08-14-2006, 11:52 PM
lol you know.. I am just going to rethink my entire h20 kit. I think other than the TT Volcano 4005 Heat Exchanger I am just going to stick to Danger Den.

CanaBalistic
08-15-2006, 01:51 AM
http://www.pcwatercoolingshop.com/catalog/index.php

Check thies guys out. All prices are CAD funds with no tax

MitaPi
08-15-2006, 07:30 PM
Wow.. these guys are sweet. AND THEY HAVE A PUMP FOR 26 BUCKS! lol sweet!