PDA

View Full Version : Custom Window Idea

MitaPi
08-15-2006, 11:39 PM
The title pretty much says it. I am in the drawing phase of designing a custom window for my computer and I just want to know if anyone thinks my idea is good or not. OBVIOUSLY it will be pretty difficult but I am willing to take that chance.

This is my Idea...

MY computers sig is "Black Rose" so I am going to do a tribal rose and the words "Black Rose" in a tribal type fashion with a dark purple UV acrylic window. Except the window is on the other side of my computer.. as in on the mobo side. So what I am giong to do is make a UV acrylic mobo tray with holes in the sides, top, and bottom for UV LED's which should pretty much solve my problem for the most part. This next part is what I want people's opinions mostly on. I want something that is totally strange and different. SO.. instead of doing just a plain rose... I am going to try and make the stem of the rose into a SPINAL CORD. lol freaky huh? Does anyone think that this would be cool?

Cevinzol
08-16-2006, 01:19 AM
Didn't you start a thread about this tribal rose on your "front door display" thread?
Over here: http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3729
You even include a nice pic of the rose.

I don't know abot the rest of the readers but I can't keep track of all the threads/posts you've started that mention or revolve around your Lexa Nzxt/black rose project.

I'm going to stop reading and posting to to your threads because I'm starting to feel deja vu.

In the 25 days since you joined (july 24,06) you have:
- made 245 posts.
- started 37 threads
- had 8 of those threads locked

Put the mouse down and step away from the keyboard.
Go out and smell some fresh air.

MitaPi
08-16-2006, 01:38 AM
lol yea... I bet alot of people feel the same way as you do too.. including me. I can "feel" it. I have too many idea's in my head and they change ALL the time. But I always want peoples opinions so thats why I post alot.. but I am sorry that I do that. I really shouldnt and I know that. But I have like no confidence in my idea's. Anyways.. sorry y'all.

Oh and just on a side note.. thanks for not hunting me down and killing me ^_^ I appreciate it. .....or banning me. lol I appreciate that you havent done that yet too.

EDIT:
But I AM going to do this idea. I have already started a drawing.. which I have been working on for the past 3 hours. So fear not.. you wont be hearing from me in a NEW IDEA anytime soon.. lol I'll just have more and more questions.. which if they are related to this I WILL keep them in this thread.

DaveW
08-16-2006, 07:39 AM
I've got admit, it is getting a bit out of hand. Please try and relax the posting or Rankenphile's going to go nuts. I'll give you a warning here, but he'll just give you a temporary ban if you don't cool it.

-Dave

MitaPi
08-16-2006, 10:22 AM
Can and will do. Sorry again for posting so much. We'll call it a posting muscle spasm. But I have it under control now so fear not. If its possible to delete all my threads that I have started then please feel free to do so. Unless its out of your way then you dont have to.

Slug Toy
08-16-2006, 03:44 PM
yep, consolidate it all in the idea zone.

im trying to keep track because in know you need help... but every time i check out the forums... theres one or two more things that have popped up, and then i forget what i was doing, and then i go have some lunch.

DaveW
08-16-2006, 05:25 PM
If its possible to delete all my threads that I have started then please feel free to do so. Unless its out of your way then you dont have to.

It's a major pain in the ass. I could merge the threads, but what's the point? We'll let it slide this time and i'm sure things will be fine in the future.

-Dave

MitaPi
08-17-2006, 01:56 AM
Sounds good. Thanks again for the warning and not banning me. I appreciate it alot. I'm glad you did too because now I dont feel like posting so much. Which is good lol. I think for now on what I am going to do is wright all my idea's on a piece of paper and just wait a week or so and see what other idea's pop up in my mind and then wright those down too. ...and then once a month or so I will post the best idea on that piece of paper and take it from there. Whether its a question on how to do something. or if it is plausible or even I just want someones opinion. I think you guys can handle once a month compared to 3 times a day right? ^_^

Silenced_Coyote
08-17-2006, 03:09 AM
I think posting is fine, it is just seeing all your threads all over the place. You can have many ideas within one thread. Once you come up with a new idea, use the same thread.

Having a rose with its stem as a spine would be pretty cool. What will you do with the rest of your case?

MitaPi
08-17-2006, 08:39 PM
Well I am not entirely sure at this point what else I want to do to the lexa. I am even thinking about building a side computer for right now that will be a computer that I get to keep. Where as the rig in my sig will be sold eventually. Probably to my father or one of his business partners or employees. As far as the computer that I am building for myself goes... all I have planned for it as of now is the X-Dreamer II case. I am thinking just a super basic computer. Nothing pricey so it wont be a gaming rig like my lexa. I am going to try and keep it in the 700 dollar range.

Update on the window:
I have the rough draft of the rose finished and I am now working on the name that will go next to the rose (Black Rose). I am actually thinking about doing this custom window idea on my budget computer and not the lexa. For one, the lexa is a classy computer and having a rose with a spinal cord isnt to appealing to people so it would prob be harder to sell. And secondly... I want to keep it if it turns out good lol. I might just replace the window in the lexa with a UV blue window or something. Nothing big, just simple. But we'll see where everything goes.

EDIT:
Nvm about the sig rig. I replaced it with a picture lol. lexa, 3.4 dual core, 320GB HD, 2GB dual channel, dual X1600XT, 600W crossfire, ECS crossfire mobo.