PDA

View Full Version : New Posts

Frakk
04-22-2005, 08:44 PM
I dont know if its just me or the website, but my "New Posts" button only shows the last couple (1-5) posts. any way to make a little more? :)

MrSlacker
04-22-2005, 08:47 PM
yeah, and before your post i was getting "Sorry, invalid search" or something like that

Malatory
04-23-2005, 04:24 PM
It works fine for me.. (But I am not here 24/7)

Frakk
04-23-2005, 11:14 PM
it only shows one post now for me. argh this is no good

FX
04-24-2005, 01:00 AM
It'll show the new posts that have been made since your last visit. It works fine, there's no issuses with it. We have a lot of lurkers on these forums unfortunately, people who don't contribute, so there may be times where you won't see many new posts. We're hoping that's something that will change quickly.

MrSlacker
04-24-2005, 01:46 AM
well this is a pretty new website and its already pretty big

Frakk
04-24-2005, 09:29 AM
there may be times where you won't see many new posts.
this is the part when it goes wrong :( when i posted yest night here, it disappeared over night, even though there were two new posts. i know its not a big deal but i love the new post feature, i dont miss out from anything on here, and its not working :(

FX
04-24-2005, 12:20 PM
In order for the new posts feature to work, you need to leave or log off the boards and log back in. Once you've been here for 9000 seconds, all new posts are marked read automatically. This is a feature built into the boards themselves, and it also works with the "who's online" feature.

jonopaul01
04-25-2005, 02:18 PM
The new post feature is an absoloutley crucial feature for a website this size. I think that it is probably the best type way to sort through large amounts of posts that I have ever used on a forum. I used it quite often in the early days of this website (still the early days actually) but now I have to admit that I do not actually use it but instead just check the colour of the sections arrows, which shows me whether there are new posts. That is so I can see, "hmm there are new posts in the network section but I am not interested by networks so I won't look there". You may say that you can see the forum section on the right of the new posts but even so, to each his own. As to the way that the new posts section is working I have to say that I have had no problems with the new posts section. I haven't been on in 2 days and It shows me the 25 forum sections that have been added to.