PDA

View Full Version : Converting a MX-510 to G7

Indybird
08-22-2006, 11:30 PM
I have a logitech MX-510 Mouse and I love the blue design on it. I don't know if I'm going to buy a Logitech G7 Wireless Laser mouse because I really doin't care for the palm color... :D Assuming I'd have to do some minor cutting do you think my MX-510 Blue Cover will fit on the G7? :?

slobra
08-22-2006, 11:56 PM
wireless mouse are teh suk

Silenced_Coyote
08-23-2006, 12:35 AM
When I read the thread title, I was expecting you to mod your optical mouse into a laser mouse!
If you buy the Logitech G7, why don't you just repaint it?

Indybird
08-23-2006, 01:23 AM
When I read the thread title, I was expecting you to mod your optical mouse into a laser mouse!
If you buy the Logitech G7, why don't you just repaint it?
The MX-510 has a very strange cover, the design looks different at different angles...

DaveW
08-23-2006, 05:28 AM
wireless mouse are teh suk

An informative and articulate post. You are a credit to the community.

Seriously though, please try and back up your opinions if you feel the urge to express them-get a debate going, discuss the pros and cons, that sort of thing (preferably without hijacking threads). That's not just going out to you but a general warning, so don't feel that i've over-reacted here.

-Dave

EPYK
08-23-2006, 09:28 AM
i completely agree with dave, there is nothing better than a heated debate among so many technologicly intelligent people. we should throw a few debate threads out... who knows maybe someone will be right for a change....

Cevinzol
08-23-2006, 11:19 AM
the design looks different at different angles is it a degin or just color? if its just color then maybe Mirage paint would work. If its an actual design then it sounds like a Hologram and that would be harder to duplicate.

Indybird
08-23-2006, 11:50 AM
is it a degin or just color? if its just color then maybe Mirage paint would work. If its an actual design then it sounds like a Hologram and that would be harder to duplicate.
Yes! thats it for some strange reason I couldn't think of that word: Hologram. Which is what it is...
By the way the reason I want to get the G7 so much when I already like my mouse is because my friend has one and I love it (but he won't give it to me :p ) . I also used to not like wireless mice, but this one changed my mind. It gets good reception (across a 16' room), good battery life (about 6 hours of constant use), and two batteries you can interchange.

Silenced_Coyote
08-23-2006, 12:02 PM
One thing I would like to know is the "recharge life". Like how many times you can recharge it before the battery life takes a big hit. If you don't get what I am saying, here is an example: After 100 times of recharging the battery, you would only see a 5 hour battery life after the 100th charge.

cybertron
08-23-2006, 07:13 PM
I can't answer that authoritatively, but most rechargeable batteries these days are designed to get thousands of recharge cycles before their capacity degrades to an unacceptable level (although I don't know how they define that).

I've always wondered if there were some way to duplicate the MX510 decoration. I love the way it looks, but I'm not a huge fan of that mouse design (although it would probably be better than my MX 700 was because they don't have the offset sensor).

Indybird
08-28-2006, 02:37 AM
I just found out, in Europe only, they make a G7 Limited Edition where the "G7" lights up blue and it comes with a nice LAN party case. However its (what would be equal to) $110 dollars! :eek: If I had that kind of money to spend on a mouse I'd get that in a hearbeart.:rolleyes: Though it would make it harder to put the MX-510 Palm on it... I'd have to cut out a part that says G7...

MitaPi
08-28-2006, 05:04 AM
THAT WOULD BE COOL! lol now if only for a lower price. ^_^ So what, is europe better than us now? Having a better mouse and all.. psh.. jerks. lol JK JK

What you could do is take what mouse you like best and then mod it. That might save you some trouble with swapping it over and you might find that you like the one you modded better than the one you wanted to swap over to? Just an opinion though. I know how it is when you have something you like alot as far as looks go but then some piece of technology comes out that works better but doesnt look better. About the mouse you have and the mouse you want. I agree with you. I like the way yours looks way better. But I do like the function of the G7 even though I personally think it is uglier than a dogs butt lol. If you find a way to swap it over that would be great! But you could still also mod the G7 into an even better looking mouse than the MX510? Eh just a few idea's, hope I didnt ramble on too long here. lol