PDA

View Full Version : FREE Bryce 5.0 3D Modelling Software

Silenced_Coyote
08-23-2006, 12:37 PM
Well, this is in the "hot hardware deals" because there wasn't a "hot software deal" page. So I hope it is ok if I post it here.

Bryce 5.0 by DAZ Productions (http://www.daz3d.com/program/bryce/bryce5free.php)

It is free until September 6.

Here is a link to their Hall of Fame Gallery (http://www.daz3d.com/galleries/index.php?page=hof) to give you an idea of what this program can do.

DaveW
08-23-2006, 01:00 PM
Good call man! Looks like some strong software.

-Dave

chedabob
08-23-2006, 02:29 PM
looks good. lets hope its not XSI style modelling, more C4d and 3ds.

chedabob
08-23-2006, 03:28 PM
damn thats a good 3d modeller. although the interface is kinda small on my screen, its still nice. its simple, not very cluttered. its not full of advanced features (i guess they are buried deep within the software). Within about 3 minutes, i had some water, with a reflection, reflecting a cube, with a slight transparency. i picked it up so quick, its so simple. brilliant, thanks for the link.

Kaky
08-23-2006, 04:40 PM
WOW thanks man !!!

Guttenaffe
08-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Not a modeler but a landscaping and rendering program. I got their email too, is a great software package I'm just wondering what they striped out the free version... Oh well free is free :D

.Maleficus.
08-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Looks nice, though I can't get the water to work... if I'm even doing it right. When I have a water plane and hit "Render", I don't see any water. Ideas?

chedabob
08-24-2006, 07:51 AM
worked for me. i just whacked a water plane and a cube on it, and it worked straight away

Airbozo
08-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Not a modeler but a landscaping and rendering program. I got their email too, is a great software package I'm just wondering what they striped out the free version... Oh well free is free :D

"supposedly" it is the full prgoram. Bryce has been known to give away older versions of their software as they release new versions. They are hoping that you like the free one enough to upgrade or buy plugins.

FYI: anyone into computer music, check out the magazine of the same name. The dvd that comes with the mag has free synthesizer software as well as some instrument banks and fuzz/noise generators. Some pretty cool stuff for the beginner and intermediate computer musician and fairly usefull for advanced musicians too.

.Maleficus.
08-25-2006, 12:12 PM
I have a question again. How do you use the preset materials? I can't find any (Glass, metal, vegetation, etc.). Where do you get them? I downloaded the other thing they prompt me to when first starting (The Presets pack thing) but I still don't know how to use them.

Cevinzol
08-25-2006, 02:40 PM
Looks like they are also giving away Stuido and 3 of the model sets (michael, Victoria and Aiko) until Aug 30

Silenced_Coyote
08-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Sweet! Thanks for the update!