PDA

View Full Version : little help?!

theocord
03-16-2005, 10:36 AM
hi i was just wondering im from london and i need some tips on the best yet cheapest water cooling system to buy for my project that im starting to create a computer 4 gaming

reply as soon as u can
l8rs
theocord

mashie
03-16-2005, 01:10 PM
There is no such animal, it is either cheap or good.

Seven
03-16-2005, 10:17 PM
I completely agree with Mashie here.

You physically cannot skimp out on watercooling and have it be "good".

What is "good"? Cheap? Affordable? Well Performing?

Well, for a decent cheap system, don't go Thermaltake.

Chevette Heatercore
1/2" Tubing
White Water
Danner Mag 3 (modded, look at wc101.com for more info)
T-line

Should cost you around $100 if you play your cards right. MCP6000 can also be used.

If you REALLY want nice performance...

BlackIce/Thermochill (I prefer thermochill) 120mm Rad (double or triple if you can fit it)
Laing D4/knockoffs or MCP600/knockoffs
G4 Cascade or DD TDX
1/2" Tygon
Maze 4 GPU
T-line

Frakk
03-25-2005, 02:48 PM
try to buy used stuff, they usually go for cheap. you can use heatcores from cars, they are cheap and perform well. you can get a decent pump in a petstore used for fishtanks with a 3/4 fitting as well

ZeD
03-25-2005, 07:49 PM
there are plenty of "ghetto" watercooling articles online that tell you where you can save some money like Frakk has pointed out you can substitute automotive heatcores and aquarium pumps. You can also save some money by getting the tubing at a hardware store, I dont think you have a home depot or lowes there but Mashie could tell you the name of an alternative source. The only parts that are PC specific will be the blocks themselves and you can get those rather cheaply off ebay, through forums, theivery, e.t.c. good luck and dont go cheap with the fittings and remember to use sealer tape on all threads, 98% of all leaks I see on watercooled rigs are from improperly sealed connections.

ZeD
03-25-2005, 07:50 PM
Distilled water can be found in pharmacy's and auto parts store, probably even your local grocery store.