PDA

View Full Version : Project T-Virus

chedabob
08-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Right, so my new idea, is a clear, plexi case. Im going to do it just like the weapons case in the Resident Evil film. On the top im gonna mount an LCD, and have buttons that will operate certain things on the LCD, and open the dvd drives.

Im gonna mount some white acrylic (or frosted plexi) above the mobo, to hide it, and probably stick weapons on the top of it. Im also going to mount the t-virus reservoirs on the top. More on those later

ShUgGz117
08-25-2006, 08:33 PM
sounds like this is gona be sweet if ya pull it off good luck:D

purdy
08-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Sounds really cool; can't wait to see what it turns out to be! Good luck ;)

chedabob
08-26-2006, 05:25 AM
im torn between having two blue, two green/yellow vials for reservoirs, or just two slightly larger ones. or hell even one blue one.

i just got £100 for passing my GCSEs so im gonna put some money towards this case. It should work out a bit cheaper than Black Magic, because its not gonna have touch sensors. I need to get hold of Resident Evil first, so i can get some pictures. I did have it on dvd, but it got scratched, and somebody offered me £5 for it, so i didnt turn them down.

Ill post back when i get the pics. Ive already founds suppliers for most of the stuff. Just need to make sure that the tools ive got are good enough

DaveW
08-26-2006, 06:02 AM
You have the power to close your own threads. Good luck with the new mod. ;)

-Dave

chedabob
08-30-2006, 10:44 AM
well after having a little think, im not too happy about the way the case is. if i did it like in the film, id have a big space on the top with nothing in it, cos i dont want weapons, or the foam stuff.

so ive decided to go back to the black tint this time. im gonna keep the top mounted lcd, and put those t-virus reservoirs in. i think ill replace the acrylic rods with tygon tubing, and put some U/V reactive liquid inside, so that the tubes glow.

it seemed like too much trouble for me. because id have to hide all the lcd wires tidily, but youd still be able to see all the workings and stuff through the front. with the black tint, it hides everything away, unless its lit up.

im gonna redo the sketchup design, and upload the images later.

chedabob
09-08-2006, 01:53 PM
finally got some sweet acrylic sample. its exactly what i was looking for. now i just gotta get enough money on my paypal to purchase it. ive almost finalized the design. its deffo gonna be a desktop, no taller than 20cm. the bottom case feet (which ive designed aswell), will glow for certain things, like network connection, etc. nothing that blinks though, so not many ideas for them.

purdy
09-11-2006, 12:10 AM
Hey, Cheda; I was just wondering when are you going to really start workin' on this project!?!?!!? It sounds so interesting, yet I don't see anything! Please give us a progress report!

Silenced_Coyote
09-11-2006, 01:36 AM
Show us a concept design too!

chedabob
09-11-2006, 02:58 PM
im gonna start when ive got enough money on my paypal account to get the materials.

i also need enough money to upgrade my pc, cos im not gonna stick this hunk of junk in a nice case.

ive prolly got some money coming in on paypal soon, so ill get that materials and start work.

chedabob
09-14-2006, 03:34 AM
looks like the build could start as early as next week. i got £15 coming in on paypal on saturday, so that should at least cover buying the acrylic, and possibly the surface mount switches

nzcubey
09-14-2006, 08:41 AM
i really enjoyed that movie, i think the idea of having a mod called t-virus is pretty rocking! you go dude!

chedabob
09-22-2006, 02:52 PM
ok, so the switches have been ordered. i need to sell some more stuff to buy the acrylic. i got a for sale thread in the trade forum, so just take a look.

Acey
09-23-2006, 03:32 AM
Everywhere I look I see new worklogs... *thumbs* that really keeps me goin n plannin for new mods. Hope you'll start really soon, chedabob. And yeah, probably some sketch for the shape of things to come. Heh.