PDA

View Full Version : Problem with x1900gt !

SnowFox
08-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Hi ! i got my new x1900gt yeasterday and i am wondering, if there is a problem with it ? becaus the FPS is only 150 and it is lagging very on bf2 ?

cab you help me ? plz anser in simple form ! .. i am not so good in english.:D

PS: shouldent it drive bf2 on high ? because i can only drive it on high/medium !

Indybird
08-26-2006, 01:04 PM
I hope to god you don't think 150fps is lagging!?
I have a X1900XTX and I can run it on full w/ AA and AF. So if you have a decent processor and ram you should be fine.

I'm assuming your not overclocking and you have the card installed right...
What are your computer specs?

Airbozo
08-26-2006, 02:04 PM
Also, one of the problems I had with lagging was my audio setup. Once I installed a sound card and turned off the onboard audio, my lagging stopped. I can run everything at high except aa and af and I have a X850XT agp card. I'll have to check my fps though.

Indybird
08-26-2006, 02:54 PM
Also, one of the problems I had with lagging was my audio setup. Once I installed a sound card and turned off the onboard audio, my lagging stopped. I can run everything at high except aa and af and I have a X850XT agp card. I'll have to check my fps though.
That's because your sound card has a core of its own, the onboard sound uses your processor...
Sorry, if you already knew that, just thought I'd explain it.:D

Airbozo
08-26-2006, 03:09 PM
That's because your sound card has a core of its own, the onboard sound uses your processor...
Sorry, if you already knew that, just thought I'd explain it.:D

Yeah I knew that long ago but didn't want to put out for a card. i tried the M-audio card figuring that since they make great digital audio cards for the music industry that they would have a great gamers card, but I was wrong. It was nice sounding 7.1 audio, but was not a great performer for games. Finally broke down and baught an audigy2 ZS card and have not regretted it although the m-audio card sounds better for digital media IMO.

Every game but bf1942 bf2 or any bf game for that matter, ran great. It was just the detailed sounds on those games that brought my system to a grind.

SnowFox
08-26-2006, 05:38 PM
I hope to god you don't think 150fps is lagging!?
I have a X1900XTX and I can run it on full w/ AA and AF. So if you have a decent processor and ram you should be fine.

I'm assuming your not overclocking and you have the card installed right...
What are your computer specs?

No, that was my friend that said that 150 fps was bad :(
But i can only have 4 AA an i have to sett effekts and shadow on medium !
and there is still a little bit of lagg !

computer specs: intel pentium 4 3.2GHz, 1Gb ram,7400rpm harddrive, and a 2ms lcd sreeen ! no i havent clocked it bekause i was afraid i broke it :?

monoflap
08-26-2006, 07:23 PM
What resolution are you running? And also, by lag you mean the game itself is choppy not your internet connection right? Because if you have midrange or :shudder: dailup, that would make you lag in Bf2 no matter what computer you've got.

SnowFox
08-26-2006, 07:36 PM
What resolution are you running? And also, by lag you mean the game itself is choppy not your internet connection right? Because if you have midrange or :shudder: dailup, that would make you lag in Bf2 no matter what computer you've got.

1024*768 ingame and 1280*1024 in windows or desktop ! my internett is ehh..wireless but it is wery good conektion ! 54Mbps.

EDIT: i can't see the difrence betwene internett lagg and hardware lagg, if you understand me !

simon275
08-26-2006, 08:02 PM
Check what programs you have running in the background. Close all browsers and messenger programs as well as music programs such as iTunes.

Also you will see performance losses when in windowed mode.

Maybe make sure that your wirless connection is running at 54Mbps. Just because your router and card support 54Mbps doesn't mean they are running at it.

Try playing some single player rounds of BF2 and see how they run.

150fps is good. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

The 2ms lcd screen makes no difference as most people can't tell the difference between 12ms and 2ms screens.

What type of ram do you have?

Finally check that the PCI-E slot is set to 16x.

Edit: Also what type of HDD do you have and how is it conneted to your mobo SATA, IDE etc.

Indybird
08-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Check what programs you have running in the background. Close all browsers and messenger programs as well as music programs such as iTunes.

Maybe make sure that your wirless connection is running at 54Mbps. Just because your router and card support 54Mbps doesn't mean they are running at it.

The 2ms lcd screen makes no difference as most people can't tell the difference between 12ms and 2ms screens.

Woah, I think you got everything that could be wrong! :eek:

SnowFox
08-27-2006, 04:24 PM

Edit: Also what type of HDD do you have and how is it conneted to your mobo SATA, IDE etc.

I played some singel player and it didn't lagg at all ! Even with all on high !
but thene you can only have 16 players/maps ! an i usely play on 64 player maps ! an my internett conektion is 54Mbps !

Durrthock
08-27-2006, 06:02 PM
150fps is insane
30 is ok 15is low
If your lagg is just a quick skip on like 64 player multiplayer thats no big deal

Slug Toy
08-27-2006, 08:42 PM
i have horrible problems on 64 person maps, and ive got a 2.5Mbit connection and at least 100MB/s through my router. so to have lag using wireless when you are on such a big map is probably normal. its just part of the internet experience.

monoflap
08-27-2006, 09:27 PM
Yeah I think your problem is just internet lag. It's normal for bf2.

simon275
08-29-2006, 04:33 AM
Also other people with crap connections or computers may be playing on the server and this will cause lag for all. Welcome to the fun world of internet gaming.