PDA

View Full Version : water cooling setup

sirkillalot617
08-27-2006, 01:45 PM
do you think this is a good setup for my watercooling

res-pump-triple rad-cpu-triple rad-gpus-double rad-res any thoughts welcome

dgrmkrp
08-27-2006, 02:03 PM
2 triple rads+double rad.. 1 pump.. could be difficult pressure-drop-wise.. even if they are onepass low-flow ones.. and the best thing would be pump-cpu then the rest.. still, very nice radiator "power".. but i'm no expert :)

sirkillalot617
08-27-2006, 02:13 PM
i could put two pumps in if thats possible

dgrmkrp
08-27-2006, 02:22 PM
everything is more than posssible! :) browse around the net and you'll see people using huge pumps, no rads and a reservoir of 1000+ gallons (search for a guy who made his setup in his basement, with custom made by him blocks, custom pipes >1/2" and totally fanless). u could use 2 nice pumps in the "middle's" of the loops.. i think this would be better than one big pump... keep the flow constant and stuff.. also, i've seen a weird thing looong ago for just one pump.. if u have one-pass radiators, u could run them in parallel for an even lower flow rate.. this is different than running a double-pass as an even lower pressure drop occurs.. the experts in cooling may give their oppinios, as i only got faster to this thread :) and am by no means trully qualified to give advice (i'm an air cooling freak)

sirkillalot617
08-27-2006, 02:47 PM
well thanks for your help any how

MitaPi
08-27-2006, 11:17 PM
You should look into dual pumps. Or have 2 kits, one for your cpu and one for the gpu and other things. You will probably have problems with that much stuff and only one pump.

sirkillalot617
08-28-2006, 06:29 AM
any ideas were to puit the second pump

craigr1982
08-28-2006, 04:04 PM
i would put the 2nd pump before the gpu's but that just me.
Again not a watercooling expert, just happened to be around.

Silenced_Coyote
08-29-2006, 02:29 PM
I don't think you need the first triple rad in that setup you got there.

sirkillalot617
08-29-2006, 03:55 PM
i know i dont but iv got two already from two previous pc so i might as well use them

Silenced_Coyote
08-29-2006, 06:24 PM
So you have 2 triple radiators? Then don't buy the double radiator and put the triple there. So it would look like this:

res-pump-cpu-triple rad-gpus-triple rad

sirkillalot617
08-30-2006, 05:07 AM
yes but iv added the extra double rad because i want to see how far i can get my prossecor to overclock

dgrmkrp
08-30-2006, 08:12 AM
anyway you try, you can only get a min temperature on air/water cooling alone.. adding another rad wont really make such a difference.. especially when you have that much dissipation area already.. but let's say the coolant temperature was higer and you need to lower it.. then adding a res helps.. but i don't know if you will see a difference bigger than 1-2 degrees in tems.. so if you wanna go with so much rad area, use a peltier to "heat up" the coolant and cool your cpu more.. this way, the added rad will prove its usefullness.. of course, you need a big peltier there too :) or more smaller ones: on the cpu and on the gpus.. just a suggestion.. because even with one double rad u get nice cooling.. with 2x3+1x2... not much difference.. IMO, of course..

sirkillalot617
08-30-2006, 08:21 AM
to be honest i want that many rads because i can and im a cooling freak

Silenced_Coyote
08-31-2006, 12:41 PM
It really isn't going to make any difference with that double rad. You passed the mark and are getting diminishing returns. You will see good temp decreases but the more you add, the less you would see. dgrmkr is right, to better maximize 3 radiators, you need to add a peltier. And since you are a cooling freak, you will see better cooling performance.