PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars

MitaPi
08-28-2006, 01:44 AM
Is it free? I heard a rumor from one of my friends that it was free.. is this true??

DaveW
08-28-2006, 04:30 AM
No, you pay something like £20 up front and there's no monthly fees. However it's released in chapters which you can buy when you feel like it-not buying chapters doesn't effect gameplay much though.

By brother has it, he wasn't 100% impressed but says it's a good alternative to WOW.

-Dave

MitaPi
08-28-2006, 04:44 AM
Ah, so you only pay for the game itself then? Or is it a one time activation payment type of deal?

I think they should charge one big payment for the game itself. And then its done and over with. I cant stand monthly fee's. Granted it creates GREAT funding for gameplay upgrades. But still...

Eh, I am probably just blowing steam because I cant afford monthly payments. ^_^

DaveW
08-28-2006, 05:16 AM
I know. I'm currently paid up for a month of WOW which i'm not even using at the minute because my computers in pieces all over the house.

Only 4 days left till I finish stage 1 of my mod though...

-Dave

MitaPi
08-28-2006, 05:20 AM
You too huh!? I had a nice chat with my CD Drive earlier. ;)

Of course I doubt that is the reason why your computer components are laying around huh? lol

Congrats, How many stages do you have?

Edit:
I am going to take a wild guess and say 3? lol I swear, if only I knew how to read. ^_^

DaveW
08-28-2006, 05:22 AM
The whole worklog's in my Sig. Check Stage 3 for overall effect, or Stage 1 for the part i'm doing just now.

-Dave

MitaPi
08-28-2006, 05:30 AM
lol I saw that. Thats why I said I should learn how to read. ^_^

The funny thing is I have probably checked out your project 10 times in the past 2 weeks. I must be a bit slow tonight or something. lol

BTW
Nice dremel. How is it working out for you so far? Does it live up to its name? I have to wait awhile before I can get mine. :(

Razors Edge
08-28-2006, 09:51 AM
I for one like playing guild wars. I have both Guild Wars, and guild wars factions. Basicley there not really chapters, or if you want to call it that, I guess thats ok.

Basicley there is the tale about 3 differnt "cities" and in the Guild Wars 2 of those cities you can play in, or visit, and Factions is the last city, witch is the biggest. The games really good, Its either %75 or %100 good as WoW. No Monthly fee, You pay $40 to get the game, and thats it. Free ONLINE play.
Wonderfull game, I recommend everyone gets a copy.

Indybird
08-28-2006, 12:49 PM
I played Guild Wars for a while, great game would recommend highly... If you're getting Guild Wars you have to get Factions, it makes the game 20x better :)
And yes the online play is free, you just have to pay for the games...

Razors Edge
08-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Also, guild Wars factions is not an upgrade. If you buy Guild Wars or Factions, you get to play. Basicley the games are equal exept in factions you play in another enviroment. If have both games you can combien ur account and be able to travel to all 3 cities.

MitaPi
08-28-2006, 11:32 PM
So I have to buy both games to combine the two? I cant just buy factions if I want to combine them??

Razors Edge
08-29-2006, 09:51 AM
Correct. But I mean if you buy factions, you can still play, but you cant wonder off into the Guild Wars world, you only stay in the Factions world.

MitaPi
08-30-2006, 07:37 AM
That is dumb... oh well, I'll just download the original guild wars game and then buy factions from newegg. Thats what.. 50 bucks? Not too bad.