PDA

View Full Version : Idk what just happened...

progbuddy
09-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Idk what just happened, but my harddrives wouldn't follow through on the test when I booted it. So I grabbed the OS CD, got a response out of the computer, and its now working fine. I thought my computer died:( .

Cevinzol
09-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Hmm.
well I guess I would suggest backing stuff up (you have a current back up don't you? of course you do, we all do :) ). Then house clean the drive (remove web history, temp files, etc). Run scandisk and defrag the drive. finally check for lose connections.
Or it could just be a "phase of the moon" thing that you will never figure out and it will eat away at you in the back of your mind as you wait for you machine to fail at any second.
I have that feeling all the time.

Omega
09-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Hmm.
well I guess I would suggest backing stuff up (you have a current back up don't you? of course you do, we all do :) ). Then house clean the drive (remove web history, temp files, etc). Run scandisk and defrag the drive. finally check for lose connections.
Or it could just be a "phase of the moon" thing that you will never figure out and it will eat away at you in the back of your mind as you wait for you machine to fail at any second.
I have that feeling all the time.

About the backup thing: That's a extreme assumption to make

Last time i backed up my info was YEARS AGO, but I should get around to doing that soon =/