PDA

View Full Version : I need some Expert opinions here...

isunktheship
09-03-2006, 12:40 PM
Well.. I have never used watercooling before. There. I said it.

I was looking at every watercooling system ever conceived, and I really like Danger Den's setup. High reviews, and not too expensive for some smaller setups! At the same time, I love thermaltake, and the price here http://www.xoxide.com/thermaltake-bigwater-735-cl-w0075.html can't be beat.

My question is this:

Do I go Thermaltake$$ or Danger Den$$$?

Either way, I'm going to upgrade to GPU and memory coolers... just not all at once. The DD setup I was looking at was around 160$.

Plz post back!
Thanks!

MitaPi
09-03-2006, 03:19 PM
H20 Kits are cheaper than others for a reason. Remember that ^_^

I would go with Danger Den. Thats their specialty where as thermaltake is a "well rounded" company and doesnt specifically make H20 Kits. Point is, Danger Den knows what they are doing and I would trust them in my rig over thermaltake any day. Even though thermaltake is a pretty good choice none the less. ^_^

Silenced_Coyote
09-03-2006, 07:00 PM
Xoxide had their "Operation X" sale on July 1st and they were selling a Swiftech kit for WAY cheap!

http://www.xoxide.com/operation-x-july-06.html

So keep a look out every 1st of the month! Might find a good water cooling kit.

isunktheship
09-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Yeah that's what I was thinking... I've never bought anything from DD but I have heard more than enough reviews to know that their systems are nice.

Man I really missed out on a good sale there! Well... I'll give it a little bit of time (while earning more money) and then I'll let you know what a did and why!

Thanks!

Silenced_Coyote
09-04-2006, 01:01 AM
I did too... Xoxide works in very wierd ways. They don't tell you what items are in the Operation X until after it is over. You have to hunt for them... and they are on sale during a certain random time within the Operation X...

Danger Den is good. So is Swiftech. Stick with those two and you will be fine.

ambivalent
09-13-2006, 12:02 AM
i've had bad luck with both dangerden and thermaltake... but out of the two, definately dangerden, hands down.

thermaltake kits use very cheap, low-flow 1/4" tubing and their cooling blocks are a joke when put against any DD block... not to mention thermaltake's coolant is NOT anti-corrosive, which ruined my pump in less than a month.

i had a dangerden mag II LE pump in my latest setup, and it died after a week of use... and DD didnt want to send me an RMA... so yeah, im not too happy with either company right now. back to air cooling for me :\