PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about creating website

PauL
09-05-2006, 11:47 PM
Me and a couple buddies from school are thinking about starting a website for Guild Wars and World of Warcraft for like pointers and help. We have somewhat of a rough draft of what our site would look like, but we don't have much ideas for WoW. Yeah we play the game but we don't know what people would like to know, so that's why I'm here to ask the question:

What would you guys like to see on a website about World of Warcraft?

So far we have ideas of Classes, Races, Professions, Talent Builds, Talent Calculator, and Money making Tips.

If you guys are wondering, the ideas for Guild Wars we have so far are: Professions, PvP Builds, Prophecy Maps, Farming Areas, Calculators, Money Making, and Running Prices.

simon275
09-06-2006, 12:13 AM
For wow

Money making tips, Good places to farm, Raid instance tips, Interesting places to go with guides on how to get to Ironforge airport. (There are vids on google video of how to do it.

Vertigo
09-06-2006, 01:31 AM
You might also consider PVP tactics, PVP gear, pre MC gear, etc.

PauL
09-06-2006, 09:10 PM
See post #6

Indybird
09-06-2006, 10:36 PM
First, I would put downloads or links to downloads of commonly downloaded files. Don't forget forums also! That is a must... Also, put links to other GW and WOW sites that are popular/useful. Thats just what I would do...

PauL
09-06-2006, 11:01 PM
At the moment me and my buddies are singed up to free webs so we have a rought lay-out of our site. We are currently transfering it to our domain name and going to be making changes. For now you guys can visit www.freewebs.com/gwwow to get a rough idea of what the site is going to look like. Comments and suggestions would be great, just keep in mind that we will be adding more.

Note: If forums get active enough, we are going to upgrade to one without and advertisements.

justleftlife
09-07-2006, 12:44 AM
the last sight that you have linked to was a good rather bland but a good way to start. What i would like to see is good quest descriptions. I cant seem to find one that tells me what i am supposed to do or where to go. Like one damn quest at wat with the scarlet crusade. I go kill the person i am supposed but i cant complete the quest. oh well thats just what i would like to see on a web site

PauL
09-07-2006, 01:02 AM
the last sight that you have linked to was a good rather bland but a good way to start. What i would like to see is good quest descriptions. I cant seem to find one that tells me what i am supposed to do or where to go. Like one damn quest at wat with the scarlet crusade. I go kill the person i am supposed but i cant complete the quest. oh well thats just what i would like to see on a web site

None of my buddies don't really know how to design a true site, thats why we choose freewebs since its easy. Our domain name is going to be www.rpgexpertz.com The site should be up within the next few days. Im sure later on, if our site is active and a help to quite a few people, we will spend the money to make it look a lot nicer but since were young with little money we can't afford much lol. If your looking for help on quests try thottbot.com out. They have practically every quest.

Cevinzol
09-07-2006, 01:54 AM
Not sure about WoW or Guild Wars but when i played Everquest the big things for me were items lists/stats/comparisons and quest walkthroughs (i.e what quests did an item belong, starting point, tatctics, etc.)

None of my buddies don't really know how to design a true site the pro sites used packet sniffers to update all new items as they were added to the game and found by players. These games are huge and I think you are biting off a lot to chew given the above quote. Don't sink a lot of money into it expecting make anything. After all, these games have been out for years and others have been at it since they came out so you'll be traveling over some well trod ground.

This was my favorite site when I played EQ http://www.allakhazam.com/

justleftlife
09-07-2006, 02:56 AM
I have tried the site you suggested and well its does have the sites but its doesn't have anything else like walkthroughs which when stuck would be nice.

I also agree with Cevinzol this is a really really hard thing to pull off... I think instead of trying to make a help site make a guild site. or something like that get something working and tool around with it so you can get the experience in how XML HTML and alot of the tags work.

Razors Edge
09-07-2006, 08:26 PM
PAUL, I am begging you to pick me to help you on the Guild Wars website. I know so much and im rich in the game. I offer my Digital Creation Talents. 4+ years experiece in photoshop. I'll PM you or somthing.

PauL
09-07-2006, 09:45 PM
If you have XFire hit me up on there at mugget05 otherwise send me a PM, we would like to have some help. Or i have MSN at gotmug91@hotmail.com

Razors Edge
09-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Meh sorry mate but with me, AIM is the only way to go. PM me some of the details.