PDA

View Full Version : Adobe buying Macromedia

The_Wippuh
04-27-2005, 12:54 PM
What do you guys think about this? I've just seen blips about this and haven't read too much on it. I love Homesite though and I'm interested to see what Adobe will do with it.

Thoughts?

Dante
04-27-2005, 05:44 PM
It had to happen eventually...It would be unfashionable to not buy your closest competition. At least M$ didn't buy it.

Rachel
04-27-2005, 10:48 PM
I liked both companies software equally. As long as Adobe doesn't screw up what is now known as macromedia suite then I'll be happy. I hope they fix up flash. That would be nice.

MrSlacker
04-27-2005, 10:58 PM
its been couple of weeks atleast... i think now they will have flash in Acrobat Reader

The_Wippuh
04-28-2005, 12:47 PM
its been couple of weeks atleast... i think now they will have flah in Acrobat Reader

Ugh, that's just disgusting. Flash is the plague of the internet, now we can have it in acrobat.

The Lotharian
05-09-2005, 08:19 PM
Acrobat is the plague of the internet...tell me, when have you (as an internet user) ever wanted or needed a product that bloated the final file size of a word doc just to enable a $40,000 printer to be able to rip it? I'm in the commercial arts field, and even I can see that one as a idiot move. How may times has your machine been locked up because the friggin' PDF rendering engine took a nosedive? I really liked the direction MM was moving in with FlashPaper...too bad it won't see the light of day now.

Flash = small player, can do nearly anything with it
Acrobat = huge download, just reads documents

As Dennis Leary would say, 'End of freakin' list!'

The Lotharian
05-09-2005, 08:20 PM
BTW, flash wouldn't be so bad if your brother's cousin would stop taping music videos of himself singing bad techno music and posting them to Newgrounds ;)

jonopaul01
05-12-2005, 12:08 PM
I don't know. I personally am not a fan of Adobe (though PS is nice) and I think that Acrobat is a Love/Hate thing in which I stand in the middle. It is great if you want to print out but otherwise is a real pain. As for Macromedia Studio, I love it. Everything that you need as a webdeveloper is there and while FW does have a few problems with a bit of extra work this can easily be worked around, even if it is annoying. Flash is loads of fun and there is nothing more fun/annoying than messing around making Flash games with Actionscript. To be honest AS is very weak and you need a very good computer to run it properly but it is so simple anyone can use it. Of course I can't praise Macromedia without talking about DW. DW is definitly the best Webeditor that I have ever used. And the way that you use it easily with the other Macromedia programs that it is just a joy to use. The only critism I can make is that they don't allow you to get the Upgrades for free or with a substantial discount. While they do give a discount it is not worth the small amount of fixes which they have created.
As for Adobe, I suppose as long as they leave it in the hands of the Macromedia guys then things will continue as normal, just with a different name.

Malatory
05-12-2005, 01:33 PM
Flash = small player, can do nearly anything with it
Acrobat = huge download, just reads documents

As Dennis Leary would say, 'End of freakin' list!'

We just need MS to do their own version of it .. oh wait metro is what they are calling this.