PDA

View Full Version : PSP as a computer LCD?

MitaPi
09-08-2006, 01:34 AM
As you all know, I am working on a project called "Audeamus" and I am just thinking up ways of making it that much cooler. So here is my question... can you take a PSP LCD screen and mount it onto a computer and connect it to your computer some how? I have a broken PSP, but the only thing broken is the case and the fact that I am missing all the buttons, But the LCD is in perfect condition. So is this possible?

Slug Toy
09-08-2006, 01:44 AM
speaking from a completely uneducated point of view... sure why not. i dont know a lot about how those things hook up, but it makes sense to me that if it accepts a video signal, you can modify any source to suit the screen.

DaveW
09-08-2006, 08:36 AM
Those PSP's don't seem to last long. I'm always hearing about broken ones. Put them in the same league as the I-pod nano.

-Dave

MitaPi
09-08-2006, 03:00 PM
True, but a broken PSP doesnt do me too much good does it :p Idk, I wanted to use it but it looks like I would have to do extensive research and I dont think anyone here would be able to help me. But thats okay, as you can see in my thread in the idea zone section I found an XBOX LCD screen that has all the connections I need to mount it into the side of my case. Kind of pointless, but if you have ever seen the show "Pimp My Ride", then you know that pointless stuff is kind of fun. In any case, at least it will make my case stand out more. I cant wait to post pictures of the mock up... lol It's not a whole lot longer than a standard case (looking at least) but it is definitely a tower! I am going to have to alter my sketchup drawing and make everything smaller on that case... maybe now I can put more bays or something in it.

If anyone knows anything about PSP's that is useful or just hard information to find on the net.. feel free to post it here. I have a disassembled PSP and I have no idea what to do with it.. lol. I suppose I could put it back together.. all it needs is a new case, buttons, left trigger, analog stick, and that power switch chip. ...so in other words all I have is basically the LCD and the mobo :P

chedabob
09-15-2006, 09:18 AM
im sure ive seen an RGB input for psp, so it could work.

EPYK
09-15-2006, 09:23 AM
i think to use the psp you either need to find a compatible lcd controller or stealth the actual psp in your mod.... either way more expensive then another 3 or 4 inch lcd.... ive looked into it... but you might want to look into a gamegear lcd

MitaPi
09-15-2006, 06:33 PM
Hmm, well I have both a PSP and a Gamegear that I dont use anymore. lol I actually already took apart the PSP. I was bored.