PDA

View Full Version : could make a book with my mods

EPYK
09-08-2006, 05:23 PM
ok so i know if you guys are anything like me, you have like 20-30 mods all planned out but no dough or supplies or time to get any of them going....
soo guys dont let those ideas go unnoticed, dont let them fade into oblivion... unleashe... unleashe...
ok ok over dramatic.... but serious if you are like me then if you dont write down an idea in like 10 sec. after you think of it.. it is gone forever...
i created this post for you, and me... this post is for your ideas so you dont forget them and so others can see your warped ideas of art and design.. ok were not all crazy, and not all of us can have warped artistic minds so with the idea posters permission may you, yes i mean you, can borrow these amazing ideas for you own mod...

nil8
09-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Something I've been wanting to try since I heard of it is oil-based passive cooling.
I happen to have a 10 gallon fish tank sitting around and I've done a lot of research on the subject and found an inert chemical that was designed for electronics submersion.

The thing that's holding me back is funds.

I was thinking about putting 2 rather small mobos in the tank and having a plex 'table' clamped on the back of the tank to fit the optical drives, hard drives, and power supplies. Power strip as well.

I was looking at it and if I could build a plex holder that fits in the tank to support the 2 mobos on I don't have to do any actual kitbashing to the tank itself.

I have a couple of old 500 mhz machines that are just asking to be submerged and more or less donated to the @home folding project.

I could also rig up a cheap 2 pc kvm after the boxes are running for simplicity of use and work.

I was also thinking about making a plex lid that opens to the front so dust and debris wouldn't be a factor.

I think about modding far too much.

EPYK
09-08-2006, 08:36 PM
i just found a fish tank lamp that i would like to add to a clear plexi case....
http://www.aquaticeco.com//images/items/AquaBetta-Tank_rgb.jpg

simon275
09-11-2006, 06:06 AM
Things that I lack the $ for:

PC suspended in oil.
PC in a fridge
Esky PC
PC in a draw
PC in my cars glovebox

The list goes on.