PDA

View Full Version : PRE-ject: DEATHROW

Razors Edge
09-14-2006, 06:37 PM
Alright I was saving the title "Project: Deathrow" for one of my projects but I have found a better name. Project Fear will come soon enough.

A school mate of mine, his XPS died half a year out of the warranty, (CPU heat related problems), anyways a week ago he explained to me that he had found a old case in the trash, and if it was possible for me to mod it. I told him that I would have to take a look at it.

Yesterday I got the case, and it was accually something that I could work with. He said he wanted a mesh and plexi in it, and I told him it could happen. Anyways this morning i had 10 or 15 minutes and I made a rough draft of it on Photoshop. I wouldn't say its my most valuable art-piece but it gets the point across. I made a rough draft of how it would turn out.

Anyways, I want to know what everyone thinks about it, if it can be done, if there is any faults in it, ect.

So let me know how the rough draft is going.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/cenachamp619/Proj.gif

I think the side will look pretty nice, aswell on the front, The power button will have a plexied "P" with a lbue led shining through it. Also for the fan, It will be flashing blue with a nice mesh. Let me know how it looks, Perhaps it can be improved?

Silenced_Coyote
09-14-2006, 07:35 PM
Do you have any pictures of the case that you are going to mod? It would be nice to see some pictures of it.

What is that thing on the front and to the right of the meshed fan intake? Is it something that was originally on the old case? Or is it something you will be making?

Razors Edge
09-14-2006, 08:02 PM
It came with the case, her ei'll giv eu a link, its the same case this other guy painted,

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4040

Razors Edge
09-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Sorry for duble post but...

I got the case cut, and the front drilled with the holes for the fan. So now, I just gatta go out buy plexi, buy the mesh and we'll be all done. Probabley ganna happen saturday. Sorry np pics, i'll take them asap.

Maz
09-18-2006, 04:23 PM
you know what you could do? you could take pictures of the side of the case from a tripod w/ the side panel and without. load them up in photochop and "cut out" your window in there to see if you would see the drive bays or the psu. unless you take down some dimentions (oldschool way). otherwise i can see someone cutting out a large window, fileing it for two hours, primer and paint. spectacular job just to see a cheap metal enclosure and the side of a generic psu.

my .02$