PDA

View Full Version : Lego Star Wars

d_stilgar
09-16-2006, 01:41 AM
I just got the second game. I have to say the quality is really high. The story is meant to already be known, so the creators put a lot of humor into it.

Has anyone else played either of them?

AKA_RA
09-16-2006, 09:09 AM
its aimed at ayounger demographic though, right. not like thats bad. i love legos, star wars, and video games. so this sounds like a winner. question though: is the second one using the new trilogy for story or the original trilogy? also, not judging by the box or the ESRB rating, how young do you think a kid could be and still be able to play this? im trying to find games for my roomies son the play.

DaveW
09-16-2006, 09:15 AM
its aimed at ayounger demographic though, right. not like thats bad.

It's not really aimed at younger folks, it's just not aimed at adults. The second one is based on the original trilogy. I've played the demo and was highly impressed. It's good fun to actually hack C-3po's leg and arms off and watch him hop around :)

-Dave

d_stilgar
09-16-2006, 12:54 PM
When I bought it, it was in the childrens section. I had to ask a sales associate for help and then felt a little weird when we went into the children's section. He started to make fun of me a little, then admitted that he was going to buy the game himself. It really is a fun game.

I'd say a gifted young gamer could easily be able to play this at five years old.

Rankenphile
09-25-2006, 02:10 PM
I wsa very, very impressed by the first one - I too wrote it off as a kiddie game, until I got my hands on it. It is really just a fantastic game for all ages, and I can't wait to try the Original Trilogy in Star Wars.

Airbozo
09-25-2006, 06:43 PM
It's not really aimed at younger folks, it's just not aimed at adults. The second one is based on the original trilogy. I've played the demo and was highly impressed. It's good fun to actually hack C-3po's leg and arms off and watch him hop around :)

-Dave

...'Tis just a flesh would, come back here and I'll bite you to death...

DaveW
09-25-2006, 07:13 PM
^^ lol.

-Dave

d_stilgar
09-25-2006, 08:02 PM
I'm almost done playing through the story mode the first time. The replay value is sooooooo high. There are many reasons to go back and play all the levels multiple times. I'm a little addicted and it is getting in the way of the work I'm supposed to be doing at home.

DaveW
09-25-2006, 08:15 PM
I'm a little addicted and it is getting in the way of the work I'm supposed to be doing at home.

Yet still TBCS addicition wins hands down, eh? We know. We ALL know. :p :D ;)

-Dave

Rankenphile
09-26-2006, 01:49 AM
Yet still TBCS addicition wins hands down, eh? We know. We ALL know. :p :D ;)

-Dave

We're forming a twelve-step group. The first step is admitting you have a problem. The second step is you do not talk about Fight Club.

...okay, we're still working on it, but it is coming along nicely so far.

simon275
09-26-2006, 08:55 PM
My names Simon I am a TBCS addict.

now thats over and done with I don't actually like lego star wars. The fact that they are lego doesn't let me take the experience seriosuly. Some people may think I' am niggling but its the way I feel.

d_stilgar
09-27-2006, 02:36 AM
I've never played a Star Wars game that tries to play the story of the movies and liked it. But the Lego games don't take it seriously, so it becomes enjoyable as the game pokes fun at star wars and legos.

BTW, I just purchased invincibility. Woohoo!

d_stilgar
10-11-2006, 03:14 AM
In the game there are five score multipliers: x2, x4, x6, x8, and x10. They are priced: 2,000,000; 6,000,000; 12,000,000; 20,000,000; and 30,000,000 respectively.

I did not know this, but when you buy two (or more) you can use them all at the same time. This means that the multiplier is 3840x if you have all enabled. I thought that I was going to have to average about 3,000,000 worth of work for each, but now the breakdown of work is as follows.

I just got up to the 6x today. It is so satisfying playing at 48x. Money just pours in. I can get a million around the cantina alone.

Just thought I would share my excitement.