PDA

View Full Version : looking for a Shockware editor

Cevinzol
09-16-2006, 08:24 PM
Since the "Inside the box thinking" only has O/S & Vid games I figured this would be a close match to my question.

I'm working on blowing the dust off my old domain name and fixing up the site. I've been reviewing (actually re-learning) frontpage and trying to broaden my repitoire of apps so I can make a nice site that I can update easier than using FTP/Notepad/Paint.

Currently I'm plowing through the manuals and tutorials for SketchUp, Bryce, DAZ Studio and The Gimp. I'm also interested in .swf files (al lot of sketchuo tutorials are in that form) so I went looking for some info. Seems I'm I little out of date. Evidently Shockwaver and flash have become one (or am I confuse) and Adobe has bought out macromedia (they merged but they are using adobe's name). Unfourtunately I'm am not about to shell out $400.00 for their version of Flash 8 - Basic much less the Pro version for $700.00.

So can anyone recommend a free/shareware editor that I can play with to decide if i even want to mess with Shockwave.

Chel
09-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Well I dont know of any free apps but what is your goal with this website of yours? If it has like online games or something then use shockwave but if not I dont recomend it, same with flash. Search engines wont be able to find your website if its all flash. Flash is generaly not that easy to update as lets say a CSS website (which is what I recomend you go with). Also do yourself a favor and learn HTML and CSS. Also get a better editor. I use HTML-Kit personaly, and its pretty good.

Flash and shockwave are not one, just same company. I do beleive you can also get a trial version of Flash on their website.