PDA

View Full Version : the industry: parts for the future...

EPYK
09-16-2006, 10:58 PM
i decided im going to use two of my gateway cases for my "the Industry" mod, since i cant get my other case till razor sends it....
but heres my list-o-parts for my new mod.
im going to use the skeletons of my gayeways.
i just ordered 2 switches. one bulgin VPS, and one lan-li VPS
im getting four 12 to 15 inch cc light tubes.. i still havent measured my case yet
and in time i will be getting new hardware for the case..
but until then im using a gigabyte mobo i got off hellboy...
i would like to get liquid cooling in it but im to poor right now...
let me know what u guys think so far....
when i get my stuff situated.. im doing a worklog

progbuddy
09-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Koo... Here's somethink I could never quite understand. Why buy the 19.99 light kit when you could buy a bunch of those 99 cent fan CCFL kits and put those on a case? Nice parts though.

EPYK
09-17-2006, 11:18 PM
actually now that i have found out i cant solder my case frame, cuase its galvenized... i think i might fabricate a new case for this mod. any input guys?

Slug Toy
09-17-2006, 11:42 PM
making your own case as in starting from scratch?

ive got some advice for that... aluminum. its probably the best to work with.

another piece of advice... stress ball. i tried doing that a while ago, and it got to me pretty quick, and im generally laid back.

generally i would advise against this sort of thing. the only advantage to making your own case is you can have custom dimensions. this is a minor thing though, seeming as you can cut any old case down the middle and add a strip of metal or take some out. by all means though, go for it if you want, but i dont want to be saying "i told you so" in a month's time. basically... know what you're doing.

EPYK
09-18-2006, 09:33 AM
well im taking most of the pain out of the deal, im gonna use a removable mobo tray, with expansion slots ( by lan-li) for the moboso all i need in the back is a big hole... and as for the case.. there is only 2 holes, for switches, and 2 removable panels.

EPYK
09-23-2006, 09:02 PM
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/images/products/LL_Switch_t.jpghttp://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/images/products/MPI002B1_t.jpg
i got my new switches yesterday and had a go with them in my dell case, i like the bulgin it has a blue light when on.. and the lan-li switch is just amazing, i have it wired to open my soon to be stealthed drive in this mod