PDA

View Full Version : New to modding

Valkerye
04-29-2005, 10:19 AM
Hello all, I am just starting to get into modding, a true newb. I have an idea for a case desing, starting real simple with some basic case cutting for my design, some case lighting and thas about it to start off.
My main question is in regards to tools. I know the a lot of people who do modding say the Dremel or a rotary tool is a modders best friend and I will be picking one up. I was wondering if there are any special attachments or bits I should also look into picking up, any special cutting tips or anything of that nature.
My other question is in regards to paint. What do ya'll recomend for paint?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Malatory
04-29-2005, 11:11 AM
Hello all, I am just starting to get into modding, a true newb. I have an idea for a case desing, starting real simple with some basic case cutting for my design, some case lighting and thas about it to start off.
My main question is in regards to tools. I know the a lot of people who do modding say the Dremel or a rotary tool is a modders best friend and I will be picking one up. I was wondering if there are any special attachments or bits I should also look into picking up, any special cutting tips or anything of that nature.
My other question is in regards to paint. What do ya'll recomend for paint?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Re-enforced cutoff disk. Note: Faster you push this through the metal the fast it goes away. Take your time and it will cut twice as much.

Eye Ball Proflatics (aka Eye Guards / Glasses) When you have a cutoff disk break and fly into your face at 35000RPM's you need something to stop then from poking your eyes out. (Its painfull to get a small scrach on the lens).

small files to de-bur the area you cut.

Dante
04-29-2005, 12:09 PM
Read this (http://www.mnpctech.com/Dremel.html)...it's a great tutorial.